“Unexpected chic cheftome for a fishing village/ tourist town!”

Shells Pasta & Seafood
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
“Unexpected chic cheftome for a fishing village/ tourist town!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited Shells with guest from Fort Worth, they always make Shells their first place to go, three of us had the yellowfin sandwich I didn't think had much taste I would choose differently next time. Probably my favs are the seafood pasta& the tuna tacos, yummy, two of us opted for fish entrees of Grouper& Trout both were lovely but small servings for a hungry man better order an appetizer!! My advice go early or late seating is limited but you may miss out on some specials if you opt for later!! A must go eatery for Port A!!

1 Thank Islandhotmom

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our favorites on the Island.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We always make a point to go to Shells at least once when in Port A. It is a small little place, not fancy but with consistently wonderful food. The grilled escargot appetizer is so different and good. Love the spring rolls too. I had the mahi mahi which was fresh and delicious. My husband had grilled shrimp and one daughter had the crab cakes and the other had a pasta dish. Everyone was happy! Can't wait to eat there again.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good food, small place”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

They food is good but the place is small and a little crowded and definitely ain't fancy. The a.c. is at its limits in hot summer. We got good service and the food was really good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cravini
Corpus Christi, Texas
“So Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Shells is one of my favorite restaurants. Period. it is small. I counted 9 tables inside,and I believe they will also serve outside if weather permits, but still there are not many tables. However, the food is to die for. It is not a "cheap bargain" but it is really good pasta and seafood. (I think you could get very reasonably priced sandwiches if you did not want the more exotic scallops, etc.) I have never been disappointed in a meal and have been several times. Because it is small, it may require a wait, but it is worth it. I noted a somewhat negative review and understand that different people have different experiences. Even the best restaurant can have a down day, but if you come with the right set of expectations, it is a delight. It is small, so there may be a wait. It has a variety of foods from reasonably priced hot dogs and sandwiches to more exotic fare, cooked sublimely, for which you will pay more. It is a beach town restaurant in South Texas, so the temperature can not be maintained at a constant 72.5 degrees (except maybe in February), and South Texas is hotter than even normal this year. However, it is a great place to go for a comfortable, relaxing (they do not hurry you) really good lunch or dinner. No need to dress up and the blackboard specials, as well as their standard menu, are great. My friends recently had the scallops and fish tacos and loved them. I had the gorgonzola pasta and really enjoyed it and took half of it home, so I got two meals out of it. The first bottle of wine we had had turned and they took it back without question and replaced it with a bottle we truly enjoyed.

Houston, Texas
“A place to avoid”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is very small and they have crammed too many tables in that small(20'x12'?) space. The food was disappointing as well. My daughter ordered the scallops ($23.95) and received three scallops, a scoop of plain rice and some shredded vegetables. I ordered the ribeye, it was small, thin, and not seasoned well($26.95). The doors on either end of the eating area were opened so much by waiters and customers that the inside temperature climbed to at least 80. I would not go back.

1 Thank RMLipari