“tasty”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Seared, peppered ahi was really peppery as well as delicious, but ask for light pepper if ....... Everything cooked to order, we' return!

There are newer reviews for Shells Pasta & Seafood

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Full disclosure: I didn't even end up eating here. Why? Because when I walked in with my family, the staff was so rude that we turned around and left. The restaurant was tiny and cramped, but there was a single table available in the corner that was the perfect size for our party of 6 (5 adults, 1 baby). When no one greeted us, we assumed we should seat ourselves and began to do so, when suddenly we were told we were 3rd on the waiting list...but there was no one else waiting.

We left and didn't go back.

2  Thank saroy523
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have eaten at Shells several times over the last few years and always go back when we are in the area. We had lunch there yesterday after trying for several days (busy). It is so good they draw a large crowd, but seating is limited. However, the wait is never too long. They have a great menu and a whole chalkboard of daily specials, seafood and otherwise. Your only dilemma is what to choose. Staff is very friendly and the food is superb and reasonably priced. See you next time Shells

1  Thank Brad S
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at this restaurant 5 minutes after opening and got the last table. Food was freshly prepared the blackboard listed all the daily specials. We each tried something different and each item was outstanding. The Caesar Salad was one of the best I have ever eaten. Will definitely keep this place on my list of places to go to again

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I went to Shells for dinner. They were busy so gave our name and had to wait outside for about 30 or 40 minutes. Several other couples came and did the same. The waitress began seating folks and ended up seating everyone BEFORE us. I got her attention after two couples that arrived after us got seated before us and let her know what was going on. She acknowledged me and went about her job. Next she seated another couple that arrived after us and I said something again and she apologized. Finally she seated another group that arrived after us and I went in to complain. I asked for the Manager and a big fellow came out of the kitchen and I explained what was going on. He looked at me and my wife and looked around at all the full tables and said I could wait for another table or leave.

We left and will not be going back. There are too many good restaurants with good service in Port Aransas to put up with this. Recommend everyone keep looking and avoid this place with their bad service.

2  Thank TexRGD