“Fantastic pasta and great seafood!”

Shells Pasta & Seafood
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable lunch on the outdoor patio with a perfect breeze accompanied by our dogs. Everything tastes good. Had the bruschetta, bread with olive oil, smoked pork and venison wrap (mmm!), Rigatoni Pollo (a signature dish for sure), and Mahi Mahi. Wish we had room for dessert. Very extensive menu with tons of specials - something for everyone - all at reasonable prices. Will come back.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you are looking for a "gem" in Port A, this is a place to go for a wonderful meal. I have seen some of the other reviews and I would suggest a few things - as for a "limited menu" comment, there are two massive chalk boards with handwritten items for additional menu items which easily has 30 more different selections. The paper menu was small however with the blackboard, everything possible was there. The seating area is small - perhaps 9 tables, so be prepared there could be a wait. Our service was wonderful and I personally liked a smaller atmosphere. It was during the last part of spring break and lucky for us, it was more of a local crowd there. I did not find the price of the food selections to be too high ( average $18-25 a plate) - for the qualify of the seafood and the preparation, it was a home run! I had the pan seared mahi mahi with a pineapple mango salsa along with the vietnamese eggroll. After, it was the chocolate cherry pecanbundt cake --- I just died!! So happy a friend suggested to go there.

1  Thank p t
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hand-crafted gourmet food. What more can I say? We always make a point to stop in for dinner any time we are in Port A. The food is great and so is the atmosphere. There is always a wait to get in there, so plan ahead.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Servers are rude and their menu is limited. The prices are ridiculous. Food is just okay. We won't be back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a lobster roll and a seafood linguini, and two cokes and paid over $40, which I thought was a lot for that.

The food was pretty good and it's close to the beach,