“Shells Pasta & Seafood”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Good food. Wide selection. Not a bad price.

1  Thank DKTiff

Reviewed January 3, 2008

Shell's has only nine tables, meaning the service is exceptional; we counted seven visible employees for the small work space. The service was attentive and professional, but never obnoxious.

The menu is extensive, especially for such a small place, with main dishes representing a wide variety of foods, from the excellently smoked pork rib I tried to my wife's expertly prepared flounder to our daughter's tasty duck. And be sure to sample the key lime cheese pie. Dinner for three, with wine, dessert, and gratuity, was about $125.

This was our first visit to Port A; Shell's will be on our list of must-dos for all future visits, too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Twoprofs
Reviewed October 6, 2007

Came here based on other trip advisor reviews and we thought it was great! My wife had pan seared amberjack, I had the yellow fin tuna sandwich on foccacia bread, and my son tried the grilled shrimp. All were wonderful (altho the shrimp weren't that big).

Side salad and vegetables that accompanied the amber were very fresh and tasty.

We shared the banana cheesecake and cherry, chocolate, pecan bundt cake and they were both delicious as well. Great place!!!!

1  Thank Hawg_driver
Reviewed September 3, 2007

When living in Corpus Christi, this used to be a regular grazing spot my mother & I would patronize, when we weren't in the mood to try something new. Now that I live in Dallas, I hoped the food was as good as I remember. It was! I visited over Labor Day weekend & my fiance said it was the best gumbo he'd ever eaten. I had 20 grilled shrimp, which were just right. Cleaned properly, and grilled to tender perfection, the only thing the shrimp needed was the the red sauce provided. My other diners were pleased with their food too. I sampled the duck, which tasted excellent.

The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is that they served canned sodas. Otherwise, there are only 9 tables in the entire restaurant and they're always full when I eat there!

1  Thank amissa
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Shells is a casual restaurant with elegant food. You can order off the menu or from the blackboard which lists many specials of the day. We had the olives appetizer from the menu and lobster salad crostini which was a special that day. We also ordered grilled amberjack with a chile lime salsa (a little overcooked) and a steak with a balsamic garlic glaze which was fabulous. The service was great. Lunch appears to be an entirely different sort of affair. They are open 7 days a week, regardless of what you read elsewhere.

1  Thank cocotx