“mud buggie heaven”

Crazy Cajun Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
iowa park
“mud buggie heaven”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

it don't get no better.,me and moma were in heaven,hot big fresh crawdads just melt in ur mouth,shrimp,crab,taters and mouth watering corn on the cob.WE will be commin back.

• Visited April 2014

Oklahoma
“It don't be Fancy”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

One of my favorites in Port Aransas, butcher paper "tablecloths" and plastic utensils, but you won't mind! I've never had anything that wasn't just delicious!

• Visited April 2014
Olathe, Kansas
“interesting and different...”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We went here on our last night of our latest trip to Port A as it is called. It came down to this place and castaways which we had never been to either.

We got to crazy cajun about 7p on a rather coolish night. We saw mostly empty tables. The wife order gumbo and I had the et-two-faye. She said her's was good. I would have like mine to have been more spicy. I have had better and way spicier but the Crazy Cajun's was well within limits. Both came with warm bread too. I mopped my bowl clean too.

Both of us had dos equis...two X's, beer. I like that beer.

The service was solid and prompt without hanging around. But again the night we were there is was pretty quiet.

The interesting thing is the is the room. It is very islandish. And there are all sorts of license plates, signs, poster etc as decoration. Our utensils were plastic. Our bowls were Styrofoam. And There was butcher paper on all of the tables. One fella ordered steamed or boiled shrimp. The waiter brought them out in an metal colander and dumped them smack dab on the butcher paper. When the customer(s) leave the waiters or waitresses ball up whatever is left on the table in the butcher paper and throw it away.

I am guessing that is a happening place on a hot, July night when it is crowded and the kids are running in and out. I am guessing, too, they have live music.

I would have no qualms about going back.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank 308tom_j
Red Oak, Texas
“Not impressed at all...”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Port A has been our vacation destination for the past 4 summers and we are slowly working our way through all of the island eateries. We were on a budget this past summer so we really only chose a few places for this trip. I really wish we had chosen someplace else instead of the Crazy Cajun. There was only one kids choice for my son...a tiny little frozen cheese pizza that I could have popped in a microwave myself. Really? The immature hostess was awful. Our waiter wasn't bad but we got there right as they opened so I would imagine that he could have been a little speedier since the place wasn't even half full yet. We had an early dinner and weren't starving so my daughter, husband and I just each ordered a bowl of gumbo. The flavor was good but I can't believe how small the portions were for the price. My husband almost sent his back and told them he wouldn't pay for it, but we wanted to go ahead and eat since the kids were hungry. I really think that of you go for the big boil item they offer you might be more pleased but I don't hunk you can base an entire restaurant on one menu item. I think your money would be better spent elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank angie r
michigan
“The beef ribs are excellent”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by on the Dine Around in Port A, they served beef ribs. They were tender and spiced very well. The barbecue sauce is tasty.
We will return for a full meal.

Visited January 2014