“Ahhhh ....”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Cozy Isle

Dining area
Bathroo
Fish cleaning facilities
BBQ area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

casaminto...
Fort Worth, TX
“Ahhhh ....”
Reviewed September 3, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

"Plain Jane" unit with everything needed to be very comfortable. Wife and husband team at Sand Realty couldn't have been easier to rent from. Despite a family member's medical crisis, they accommodated an arrival date change gracefully and with compassion.

I have never really stayed "in" much in Port A before this trip - but due to the circumstances, I sort of made this place my comfort cave and due to the peace and quiet was able to sleep, eat, cable out and let the sadness I felt ebb in and out until I had processed all I my body could.

There is not much in this place to compete with or challenge anything else that's going on in your head or world and as few and far between as those simple places are - they are still odd animals to encounter as Port A especially gets more of those houses on steroids that sleep more than 10 people. I found it delightful, healing and wonderful in all the most important ways. If you're like me and have stayed at more than one of the units in this property ... be advised, this unit is in the corner farthest from the street. The unit numbers can be hard to see at night. Also, if you're going to have a late arrival as I did and they tell you a key is in the lock box ... stop and buy a flash light if you have to! I'd have never gotten in if it weren't for the super sweet neighbor who can't get in his door if you're trying to get into this one. He luckily had enough light from his cell phone for me to see and fumble my way to a key! I felt really stupid but he was great about it all despite the fact it was really late in the evening.

Liked best: The quiet
Liked least: The sheets could have been a better quality
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
lizalto
Stockdale, Texas
“Uh, is that dog hair on the toilet seat?”
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Well, we weren't expecting a mansion, but we also weren't expecting dog hair. It was everywhere. Even on the toilet seat folks. Huh??? We can't begin to explain that one. Dog hair was on all the sheets and on the soiled coverlets. We couldn't sit on the sofa because it too was covered in dog hair. Management promptly came and replaced the linens and cleaned the sofa. They were very apologetic about the conditions of the furniture and beds. Management said the property had just been inspected before we arrived. But the two pairs of underwear in the dresser drawer and the dog hair cause me to wonder. The pillows leave much to be desired. They are almost as thin as the sheets. We didn't dare use the pull out bed/cot. It, too, was soiled. The kitchen and refrigerator were clean and worked well. The cookware leaves A LOT to be desired. Bring your own cork screw. There isn't one available in the kitchen. I would also recommend bringing your own sponge for the dishes. The sponges under the sink looked like they had been used for scrubbing things other than dishes. We only had enough dish detergent to wash dishes one time. So you'll need to bring your own detergent, as well. Bring your own house slippers. The carpet appears to be original and trust me, you don't want to walk on it. It is definitely not plush for your feet. The bathroom faucet leaks and is tricky to turn off. The bathtub doesn't drain well. I stood in ankle deep water while I took a shower. I will say there is plenty of hot water. There aren't enough towels and wash cloths available for the amount of people who stay in the condo. Love the lemon verbena handsoap. The AC works fine.

This property could be greatly improved if the owner did just a few updates like new carpet, a new recliner that isn't lopsided, new furniture in general, and perhaps wifi access. The windows could also use a good cleaning. They look like they haven't ever been cleaned. Forget raising the blinds for a view, you can't see out the windows because of all the dirt. If these improvements were made I would feel like I got my money's worth. As it is, I overpaid and will not rent this property again. It might seem I am nit picking, but comfort is all in the details.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the lemon verbena handsoap
Liked least: dog hair everywhere
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
bbruns
“Well, it was one of the most affordable places...for a reason.”
Reviewed April 28, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

So, let me just say that I did realize when we rented this place that is was not stylish in the least. It looked much like the pictures in that the walls were wood paneling, the décor has never been updated, and the furniture was not exactly posh. I knew this going into things and did not care about that. However, the beds were extremely uncomfortable! The "master" bedroom had a double bed with a mattress that was paper thin and squeaked every time you moved a muscle. The pillows were like sleeping on a sheet of paper. This is not an exaggeration. Just ask my neck. The living room furniture was scary because the recliner is lopsided, the easy chair has no padding, and quite frankly I did not even dare to try out the couch. The kitchen was fine, but the dishes and cookware were pretty sparse. Although there was a toaster, microwave, coffee maker that all worked great. The inside of the place was overall clean, but a fresh coat of paint would have made it actually feel clean. Now, as for the outside...the other tenants spent a lot of time smoking on the porch, so it smelled of fresh and stale smoke all of the time which doesn't exactly scream fun beach vacation. The location was fine. It is a good 10 minute walk to the beach and a short drive into the downtown area. I would not stay here again because it was not comfortable at all. We did not spend much time in the condo and were only there for 2 nights so we survived, but could have really enjoyed our vacation time had we stayed elsewhere. Sorry Cozy Isle...

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
TwiceBles...
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Surprisingly Not Bad and Quite Roomy”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I wasn't very thrilled about booking this condo. From the pictures I thought it looked a bit drab. To be honest, I thought it looked "old man-ish". We booked it anyways in order to keep with our budget. Much to my surprise, it wasn't bad at all. It was much bigger than I had imagined and the decor wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be. It suited my family of five perfectly. Could the unit use some updates? Yes! Is it a roach motel? Definitely not! Suggestions: 1)Simple small upgrades would make me happy. For example, the place could use some new lamps. One of them had a floppy light bulb holder. The light bulb actually laid down instead of standing up.2) Hire someone to DEEP clean. Don't get me wrong, the unit was clean. However, there was quite a bit of dust build up on window seals and blinds especially in the bedrooms. It made the rooms have a hint of that dust smell. Things I LOVED: 1) Onsite laundry 2) Value 3) Space 4) the location 5) the community was quiet 6)Great Customer Service

We will definitely be back.

Brady B
Cedar Park, Texas
“Port A condo rental”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

For the money, this is a good place to stay. Its 2 minutes by car to unloading on the beach. Full kitchen, good A/C, outdoor shower. We arrived on Sunday and Kevin had keys in our hands and we were on the beach within minutes of arrival. You can stay right on the beach for hundreds of dollars, but those condos are all just as old as Mustang/Cozy Isle and aren't any nicer. Other than the fold out couch/bed being past its prime, our family of five enjoyed the facility. This is our second time to stay at this facility and use Sand Key Realty, and we will use them in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Price/proximity to the beach.
Liked least: Rowdy neighbors in the building behind us.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
San Angelo
Reviewed August 7, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
San Antonio
Reviewed July 7, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing