“good ice cream”

Desserted Island Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Description: After 8 years in Port Aransas I have moved down the main street, Alister, after new owners bought the building I was in. I re-opened in February 2013 . If you want to keep having my Famous Brownie Sundaes, coffee shakes, Key Lime Pie shake, cheesecake, apple pie and the Big Fat Banana Split come to the new 2700 sq. ft. shop. Same bright pink and yellow colors with the decor collected from my travels around the world. If you go looking for me in my old location KNOW that it is not me. There is only one Desserted Island! Smell the brownies!
Reviewed July 25, 2014

You can't go wrong w/Bluebell ice cream. $5.75 for a double scoop sundae. But the scoops were large. Brownie sundae sounded good but brownie was a little dry. They didn't have the ingredients for the coffee shakes so they substituted vanilla ice cream & added coffee flavor - it was alright. They only accept cash but they do have an ATM inside.

2  Thank Dealynn20

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Cute but way too expensive for not homemade ice cream. If paying $3+ for ice cream I want it to be homemade. Save your money and get a pint from IGA.

2  Thank mandamill
greensofas, Owner at Desserted Island Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Wow. I sell absolutely tons of brownie sundaes. I dont know how you didnt like it. As for the whipped cream I buy good stuff made of real cream even though it is in a can.I dont have time to make it from scratch and store it. In the summer i have up to 35 people in line on any night. No one has complained before.

As for the cute pictures of my Yorkies on the wall....how can your ice cream taste bad by looking at adorable photos of Gods creatures? I would hope no one found pictures of dogs appetizing!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream is Blue bell, so no comment, it's great! A bit pricey, service was just OK. A bunch of kids talking about their boss while we wait, but well, we know how hard it is to find people to work these days...

1  Thank oBrasileiro
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Great place to grab an ice cream. Neatly decorated and painted. Good ice cream and service. Reasonable priced. Must try this place.

2  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The ice cream is still that wonderful Blue Bell from the Little Creamery in Brenham. The vibes are still exotic and full of good fun. Erin Anglin runs a "cool" place for temptations, games of checkers and foosball, wi-fi connections and flirting with the cute guy sitting at the table by the window. Of course it's a great place for grandmas and dad and kids. Sit inside where it's cool or sit out on the sun-drenched patio. There's art and baked brownie smells inside and out.

2  Thank Gabriele S