“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alister Square Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Alister Square Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

After the bad/mediocre reviews I was not very happy that this place was the only place that had vacancy when I went to make reservations, but I was pleasantly surprised, when we arrived the office staff was super nice and cheerful, our room ( we got the handicapped room) was very clean and spacious, the AC worked great. We did not see or use the pool or eat breakfast here. Our room had a mini fridge, microwave and recliner. This place is NOT the Hilton, but it satisfied what I wanted, hot shower, cold AC, and clean room and comfortable enough bed.

4 Thank Ptownpinkster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Port Aransas this past May while travelling Texas. It was in the middle of the week and really quiet. We picked this hotel on a whim, it looked nice from the outside, it was getting late in the day and we were ready to turn in. We booked a room, which ran us about $70+. The room was really, really dated and tired. Floors were clean, but you just didn't have a nice clean feel during the stay. Then we had breakfast in the morning. That room was terrible. It had not been vacuumed in about a week. Food pieces on the floor, dirt, whatever, for an eating area, not good at all. I know this is a beach town but come on, things can still look nice and it wasn't even beach season yet. If travelling through Port Aransas, check out some other places first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoeyWi

Travelers are raving about these Port Aransas hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Around many stores & close to the beach. Although I wish the walls were a little thicker and didn't have to hear the neighbors getting it on all night. So annoying and rude especially since I was with my family.

1 Thank Pgomez5
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were hesitant to stay here to say the least. All the bad reviews made this place sound terrible but we found things quite contrary. The service at the front desk was very pleasant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked a room before negotiating a price and found both the room we checked, and the room we stayed in, in good condition. The AC in the room worked fine and the room was nice and cool when we walked in. The carpet seemed clean, as did the bathroom. We had brand new sheets and a brand new bedspread on our beds and the TV looked new as well. The breakfast was ample and overall our stay was pleasant. I would recommend this place for sure and I think that the hotel has made some changes since some of the last reviews.

New Braunfels, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

First I would like to say the only reason I stayed at this hotel was it is February and they claimed to have a heated pool. We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, but when we checked in we told the lady the second room we only needed 2 nights. She said we would have to pay for everything up front and when the second room checked out they would refund me. Then I made sure we had the rooms by the pool so I could take my 7 year old swimming. The next morning the pool still wasn't open so I called the front desk and they told me the pool was closed to have work done on it. No one called me to tell me this and the lady when we checked in never said a word! My son was so upset. Later the lady at the front desk said they were going to refund us 1 night for 2 rooms for the inconvenience. I was satisfied with that. This morning (Sunday) I called the front desk and reminded them the people in the second room would be checking out today. An hour later housekeeping knocked on the door wanting to know when we were leaving. I told her only the one room was. She said the owner had booked my room to someone else and she needed to clean it (even though it wasn't even checkout time yet). I went to the front desk and told him only 1 room was leaving and I needed my refund for the room. He was so rude and told me we already got a refund for the rooms and he wasn't giving me anything else. I showed him the refund receipt where Rene wrote that refund was for our inconvenience. He started yelling at me so I told him we were checking out as well. My father was standing behind me and after I left the owner told him I was such a [--]. My father tried to explain to him I felt like I was lied to many times and the owner said he was calling the police. We are also on the banned list for the hotel, not that I will ever be back. Spend the extra $50 and get a room down the street where the rooms are cleaner and don't have old rags left under the dresser. Or ceilings peeling. Or get told by the trashy looking housekeeper she was mad she had to pick up our cigarette butts (which weren't even ours.) The only thing I can say nice about our stay was we were close enough to the other wonderful things about Port A since the pool was no longer an option.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Vanessa F
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Although we didnt stay long, less than 12 hrs, from check in to check out, we had a really good time. The hotel room was super clean.... My girls got such a kick from the refridge smelling so good I could hardly keep them out of it! There beds & pillows where beyond super soft, My youngest loved to jump & fall on the bed & her laugh was priceless. Once we laid down, we all fell fast asleep. They had a good complimentary breakfast. & It was a very easy check it & check out. Only wish we could of stayed longer... Or atleast took the bed & pillows with us...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cairo23
Taylor, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The air conditioning did not work, the manager was very rude, the room did not have the basic accomodations of any other cheaper motel. Overall a very stressful and uncomfortable stay.

Room Tip: Try a differrent motel.