“Disappointed”

Beachgate CondoSuites and Hotel
San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 21, 2007

This was not what we thought. We specifically asked we have a room with a balcony overlooking the beach. We could not see anything but the buiding next to us and its parking lot! The service was not exemplary either. The front desk staff was not very efficient and seemed to become confused easily...case in point...every time we went in, they were on the phone with someone's bill dispute or someone was in trying to resolve an issue. When checking out, the girl ran the guy next to me's room on my card then had to swipe again...guess what...despite the receipts reflecting the correct amount, my bank acct. was charged incorrectly. I am trying to resolve this currently. For the money, go down the beach to the hotel with the one of the best pools in Texas and awesome beach views.

• Liked — Large room...full kitchen
  • Disliked — service, view
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank family6pack_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
texas
Reviewed April 29, 2007

Stayed there 4/27-4/29/07

Room faced the ocean and it was great. The room smelled new-you could tell it was recently renovated. The place was otherwise excellent.

Excellent all around, except we were not provided extra pillowcases and the shampoo left there by hosekeeping was open and half gone.

• Liked — Location and view of room
  • Disliked — no laundry in room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Eau Claire, MI
Reviewed April 24, 2007

My kids & I stayed at these condos from 3/4 - 3/9 of this year and I was very disappointed in their customer service. I talked to the manager finally today (4/25/07), but it took 2 phone calls, 3 e-mails and almost 8 weeks to get a reply.

To state my story, I made reservations on February 1st for the deluxe 2 bedroom condo (5021), beginning on the 4th of March. When I called to confirm after we landed in Texas, to tell them we would be arriving later in the afternoon, they had NO record of my reservation for that evening. Instead, we were put in a condo in building #3, which was very nice, and I would've been happy to stay there had I been given that option.

The next day, I was told we could move to our original room as soon as the current guests had left and it was cleaned. Someone in the office wrote down my cellphone number so I could be contacted when the room became available. I received no such call, but when I momentarily returned to our room around 4:00, I called to see what was going on. Now that was a mistake! I should've left well enough alone & stayed in the room we were in. The girls in the office were panicked because they had lost my phone number and we "had to move out ASAP, because the new guests were moving in!!"

We had to cancel our already paid for ($108) dolphin watching trip to pack up all of our stuff & schlepp it across the parking lot (with NO help from the staff) on a moment's notice. They were still cleaning the new condo while we moved in and we even had to beg for paper towels, toilet paper & dishwasher soap on top of everything else. Turns out, the new guests didn't even show up until after 7:00!!!

You can imagine my frustration at this point.

I thought we could work this out, but I was wrong. I asked for a partial refund, reimbursement for the dolphin trip, or something for my trouble, but was told that "we accomodated you" and that's all they needed to do. I would LOVE to stay here again as it was a beautiful location, but until the management changes, or they implement a policy with the condo owners to be able to reimburse or refund when the office fails, I can't.

There are many other places to stay in Port A.

I

• Liked — The location was awesome - beautiful views
  • Disliked — Management!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Ecoqueen

Travelers are raving about these Port Aransas hotels

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Such a great place. The front desk people were so friendly and I really think January is the best time to go to the beach. It was like 70 degrees when we were there.

We stayed in one of their new motel rooms. Really nice furniture and the room also had a refrigerator and microwave. The pool was crystal clear and heated to a toasty warmth.

I can't wait to come back in the spring.

• Liked — You can see the beach from the pool area.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anthing.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2006

We made our reservations almost 4 months in advance for a condo in BeachGate I. Our credit card was charged for half as the deposit, no problem. I asked for Beachgate 1 upstairs because of the spectacular veiw of the Gulf. I was faxed a confirmation when I made the reservation and the room # stated 2011 which is the room I asked for. Upon arriving to check-in, we were giving a different room in Beachgate IV on the 1st floor with NO view of anything but the parking lot. My registration card had been erased ( they only pencil you in ) and changed from room 2011 to room 5015. The lady at the desk told us that a "REGULAR Customer" had requested room 2011 only a couple of weeks prior and the OWNER told her to move us to a alternate room. HOW RUDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Beach Access
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't count on getting the room you reserve unless you are a "Regular Customer"
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank spillwayclub
Universal City, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2006

We are a family of four. Stayed at the Beachgate Nov.19 to 26, Thanksgiving week. My husband and I stayed here the last weekend in Sept. at that time we made reservations for a delux condo for three days (5031) and rented the other two lock-out rooms for three days at an agreed rate with down payment. Upon arrival we were notified that the owners association had a meeting and our first three days were priced $30 higher. Without recourse we paid and stayed. My advice is to confirm cost way in advance. Otherwise the rooms were very clean and conviently located to the beach, fishing pier, and city of Port A. thanks

• Stayed November 2006
3 Thank presbyopia
Arlington TX
Reviewed July 25, 2006

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here. It is really as close to the beach as you can get. We got a 3 br.condo, #2031. The rooms are large, there was a great view of the ocean, and the kitchen was really outfitted well, even games and puzzles in the bottom cabinet. We were surprised to find a laptop with internet access in the rooms. We really appreciated that. I didn't get a chance to email the owner before we left. I just wanted to let him know the place looked great and we had a wonderful time. Thanks.

• Liked — Like being at home.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
12 Thank PaperPusher
tim1198, Owner of Beachgate 2031 at Beachgate CondoSuites and Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2007
Hi:
Thank you so much for your kind words about our unit at Beachgate. Since you've stayed there, we've completely remodeled this unit with hardwood floors, premium bedding (king sized beds), and new appliances. We hope you come back soon and stay in 2031 again and give us some feedback. Let me know when you'll be back and I have a coupon for you.

Thanks,