“Will try something different next time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Coral Cay Beachfront Condominiums
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I have stayed here before and although it's nothing spectaluar, it's close to town and to the beach. The unit we stayed in this time was 237 which was clean, had a nicely stocked kitchen and beds (with the exception of the sofa sleeper) were ok. Sofa sleeper mattress needs to be upgraded for sure!

We had a horrible interaction with the owners of unit 235. I was driving the golf cart with my girls when the owner tailgated me in and honked. I pulled off to let him go ahead of me but he proceeded to follow me. When I parked he blocked me in and proceeded to yell that I didn't belong there and that he was going to have me towed away. I was trying to tell him that I was staying in 237 and he was yelling and being very rude. I told him I was there unloading my groceries just as he was. When he became threatening I called my husband who was at the beach and was able to run to help me out. It only took a minute or two but when he heard my husband was coming he left. My husbands friend asked the mans friends about the situation and the friend got in my friends face and was yelling. The owners wife asked if we were "owners" and I said 'No" and she said "well we are"! Not sure if being an owner gives you a right to mistreat people but I feel that since I paid, I had every right to be there just like them. The office was contacted and are aware of the situation but I'm sure nothing will be said or done because after all, they "are owners". Now, I wish I would have called the police because this man needs to be put in his place. Needless to say, we will not be staying here again. There are many other places that wouldn't treat us the way were were treated.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Baseballnut3
There are newer reviews for Coral Cay Beachfront Condominiums

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Thank you Coral Cay and staff for a wonderful two nights during the Whooping Crane Festival. The condo and staff were excellent! Great location, in town on the beach - perfect for a family getaway someday soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've been coming to Coral Cay for about 15 years at least once a year and sometimes more. Our favorites have been the efficiency units near the office/pool but since no improvements have been made by the owner (108 was terrible), we decided to try a different efficiency. Stayed in 120 this time and found the exact same thing...TERRIBLE bed, awful, dirty carpet with mold in the caulking in the tub area. When we checked out the girl in the office took me to see a couple of the 1 bedroom units near the office/pool. They were gorgeous and updated with new or nearly new mattresses. Coral Cay is a wonderful place with well manicured grounds, etc. Their homeowners need to follow the advice given and upgrade or they shouldn't be rented!! We'll never stay in those efficiencies again!!

Room Tip: For a room to meet your needs, ask for help from a well-informed office staff member.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank kenneth s
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at Coral Cay since I was in my 20's. It is old and some units are dated. It is very clean, office staff is down to earth and friendly. We had the 2/2 gulf front in unit 222. The pool is clean, bbq pits were awesome, rooms are very quiet and we were lucky that we didn't hear our neighbors. A/C was extremely cold. The couches were comfy as well as our beds. Linens were crisp and clean, daily towel/trash service was prompt. The TV's could be updated, we could not hook up xbox for Netflix movies, which wasn't the worst. We take our own food and drink. So, if you are looking for 5 star accomodations, go to Cline's Landing. For the price, location, cleanliness, we were able to overlook the old stuff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here since the stone ages and i think they still have the same bed spreads. It smelled of urine. I met some people at the pool that said their room was great. Obviously, the owners of their unit kept it updated. Our unit (110) was just "ok" NOT worth $200 plus per night. That was insane!! Counter tops had been redone and they where pretty decent, but the smell was beyond gross. I don't know what I was thinking when I didn't insist on a different unit. The grounds where kept clean and manicured, still..NOT worth the money. :(

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank hubie1111
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nothing fancy, but it's a terrific location! A short boardwalk takes you directly to the beach. The restaurants and shops are close by, too.
Our family spent 3 nights in #125. Although it could use some updating, the unit sleeps 6 comfortably and is very clean. It has a little outdoor patio - with a beautiful hibiscus tree - that faces the ocean. View is mostly of the dunes, but the smaller pool and boardwalk are both just a short walk from the patio. Kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, and utensils. There is even a full-size fridge and dishwasher. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were cool and quiet.
The staff was exceptional - friendly and efficient. I'm certain we'll stay here again. Soon, I hope!

Tip: Get a golf cart from one of the rental places in town. We had a blast driving down the beach and around town!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family has been coming to Port Aransas for the past 30 years. The last four years our extended Family decided to have a yearly reunion on the beach. One sister and husband live in the San Francisco area, another in Austin, brother in San Antonio and we live in Houston. We decided visiting during the holidays wasn't enough and having fun on the beach at the beginning of summer was a great time to get together. We stayed the week of Father's Day weekend. We have stayed in several condos at Coral Cay but have now found our perfect condo we will always now request Rm 236. It has an updated kitchen, dining and living room with large TV screen. The rooms are nicely decorated and painted. We had a great view of the beach and sat on the outside porch watching the waves and sipping on our cool drinks. Seems everyone in our party loved our condo,(looks like we are going to have to book early so we can ensure we get this one next year). All families in our party had oceanfront condos, but you have to book early. Too bad other owners don't do remodeling, some of the condos could use some upgrades. We will probably have to come back before end of year since we love the beach. The only reason I didn't give a better rating for sleep quality is because we are used to a king pillow top mattress and the queen mattress was okay, although the pullout mattress in couch was very nice for the kids. Can't wait for Family Reunion 2014.

Room Tip: Oceanfront condos have the best views and are closest to walking to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family