“Cool place to stop in”
Review of Potters on Cotter

Potters on Cotter
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went looking for a gift for a friend, but several of us ended up buying things for ourselves, too. I got a beautiful ornament made from the imprint of a starfish. Next time I'm getting the one with the seahorses! There were cups and bowls and art and jewelry and all sorts of things. Everyone should stop by and just look around. Even if you don't find something to buy you can see the studio and even watch if they are working on things.

4  Thank Heather H

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great pottery, but I go for the earrings!!! Very original pieces! She actually took imprints of baby starfish and sea horses onto colored clay and made gorgeous earrings!!! I can't wait til my next trip to Port A, because I'll be back!!!

3  Thank Peachymojito
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I picked up a really nice vase here. Several different artists' work in the shop. Super friendly folks. Cute, pink shop.

1  Thank BigSkyTripper
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love to take a little something home from a vacation to remind me of the experience. On this trip to Port Aransas, I dropped by Potters on Cotter and found a nice selection of hand-thrown and decorated pottery. I added a wonderful mug to my collection. Nice folks, great work!

1  Thank wags2wishes
Reviewed March 1, 2012

When I travel to a beach town I like to find the studios of local artists and see the town through their eyes. Potters on Cotter is a working pottery studio where you can browse the works of art on display and watch new pieces being created. While we were there, Chad and Felicia, visiting potters from Illinois, were creating ceramic pieces imprinted from fish caught that morning! Brenda Barnett, owner, potter and photographer, was very helpful in guiding us to the best art studios in town, revealing her support of the Port Aransas artist community. We enjoyed viewing her beautiful pottery, and took home a photo card of the Port Aransas Sand Fest and an appreciation of the vision and talent of Port Aransas artists.

4  Thank Patricia G