“Family vacation! ”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
San Antonio, Texas
“Family vacation! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We I booked the room I didn't know what to expect for my first time visit but overall the condo suite had plenty of room for all 8 of us and I love that it had a washer/ dryer. It is a pet friendly hotel and that worked for us as well since we have a Jack Russell!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jramirez35
Hello Jramirez35,

Family vacations are the best!! So glad you got to experience our condo suite! I am so happy all 8 of you were comfortable staying there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback means a lot to us. Please come see us again sometime!
Kind regards,
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Poteet, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Hello everyone that puts there reviews and stays on this, I my self don't like to stay where its dirty this could be a very nice hotel, with some real care and management, I booked this due to the reviews people come on are you blind. first of all check in is at 4pm which was OK due to cleaning the room, but when we arrived the first impression should tell the story, the inter way was dirty need to pressure wash bad, inside carpet dirty, it was late every thing was full we had to stay but they took to 4 to clean the room right. pull around to our room the side walks were dirty littered with cigarette butts, no where for people to put them but I was told I would be charged $250 if I smoke in the room, but I can smoke out side and throw them everywhere, I was going to cook my sister a birthday meal the kitchen was dirty, dishes cabinets what a joke. so I check the beds clean sheets at least, I was standing on the balcony I saw a man let his dog take a crap on the side walk where kids an adults were walking bare foot, I just ask him or you going to clean that up, he picked it up with a plastic bag but it was still smeared on the side walk, we went to have breakfast first impression, the inter door was nasty walk in there was no one cleaning are re stocking the tables were dirty the counters were dirty and had been there for awhile sorry people this place is dirty, but could be such a great hotel if only they would clean it up.

Room Tip: only if you don't mind dogs in the room, cant smoke in it. I hate that I took my sister here she...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. What you experience is unacceptable and will make sure I talk to the staff to make sure we give our guest the superior service they deserve. We are in the process of picking a smoking destination for our guest. We love that our guest can bring there pets our hotel and we try to monitor where the dog are allowed to go and if they use the restroom in an area that is prohibited. We recently built a dog park so all pets go in this area. I will make sure I do more inspecting of my property so we can be a more effective property. Have a wonderful day!
OKC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Everything was good! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. No problems or complaints at all. Good price for this time of year! We were there for 5 nights. I like the breakfast hours 7-10. The only thing that would make it better, is if it was on the beach! Special thanks to Krissie for taking care of our room!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi mrgpw,

We really appreciate you taking time to review us. I am so glad you enjoyed your time here! We will take your breakfast on beach idea into consideration! Please come see us again soon. Thank you for the kind remarks!

Warm regards,
Leander, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The rooms are very clean the staff friendly and they allow dogs without any fuss. Traveling with a dog can be a challenge and this hotel makes it very easy. Their staff was very helpful while we were there because our dogs had problems with the openness of their stairs and we were able to move to a ground floor. Look out for the evil "goats head" thorns in the grass where you have to walk your dogs though, you will be picking very painful thorns out of their pads and your shoes.

It is very hard to criticize this location for anything but their breakfast food. That is the bare minimum on quality. It is exactly what you should expect from a free breakfast.

Room Tip: If you have older dogs ask for a ground floor room, the stairs have open backs and can cause the dog...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello ED P,
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. First, I would like to apologize for the burrs. It is something we are trying to fix; unfortunately they are just as hard to get rid of in the ground as they are in your shoes and dog’s hair. Second, sorry that the breakfast did not exceed your expectations. We will certainly take that into consideration. I am glad that overall you seemed to enjoy the property. We really appreciate the review. Please come and stay with us again!
Kind regards,
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed for a two nights mini-vacation in a busy vacation weekend (I realize now the big mistake I made). I paid over 250 dollars a night, and what you get is the kind of service you would in a motel. The rooms are old. What is advertised as "deluxe breakfast" is a lousy collection of the cheapest possible breakfast items, not yummy at all. Everything in the property would need major attention.

I guess my biggest trouble was the feeling of being ripped off. If this was max 150 dollars a night, it would probably be fair. For 250+ dollars it was just an insult.

I now even question why should anyone go to N. Padre Island. The beach is horrible, windy and fully of stinky seaweed. We will NEVER be back. Stay in Rockport or even Corpus Christi.

The hotel is quite a walk from the beach, which is not nice anyways.

The only positive would be if you have a ton of kids and dogs and you want something that allows you to cook and put them to bed when they are tired, this is probably the place for you. The room we got was sleeping at least 4.

I do not recommend the hotel and Port Aransas as a whole. Big disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank latakia
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for you honest opinion of Plantation Suites. We take pride in the service we give and we go the extra mile to make sure that your stay here is a great experience. We make sure the property is clean and up to date everyday. We always like feed back for our breakfast so we can accommodate everyone. We do make our eggs fresh and our cinnamon rolls and muffins are made fresh daily. We do change our menu daily for our guests. We are sorry that it was so windy when you came which can bring a lot of seaweed to our beaches. We take this very seriously and will make all the appropriate changes in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

There were 8 in our party so I rented two suites. The pictures look just like the online ad...but looks can be deceiving!!! In our first room, upon entering we ran into a huge puddle of water under the a/c unit. In the second room there was a broken plug plate next to the nightstand, the a/c was so loud you couldn't hear the TV even turned up, the door jam going into the bathroom was broken-locking us into the bathroom at times, the sofa sleeper mattress was awful even for a sleeper, the face plate around the bath vent rattles so bad it will drive you nuts, and we wanted to stay because it said it was dog friendly.....only there is NO place for them to relieve themselves due to the extremely high volume of sticker burrs! This was NOT worth $1000!!! WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Take Dogs, or plan on getting a Good nights sleep or plan on walking to the beach!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather T
We want to thank you for letting us know how to improve our property. We do room inspection every day to make sure this does not happen and we do apologize for the technical problem you had in your room. We will pay closer attention to the detail in our room so our guest will have the best quality suite on the Island. The sticker burrs are really bad on the island and we are working with our landscaping company to figure out the solution. Plantation Suites will also be building a dog park in the back of property to solve this issue in the future. We value your opinion and will make sure we do a better job for every guest that visits us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at Plantation . The pool was very nice. Breakfast was good and varied each morning. The staff was courteous and accommodating. They gave extra sheets and a blanket for the pull out sofa without a fuss. Everything was clean... The room, the breakfast room, the pool, and the common area all clean. And I was there during a very busy weekend. I will return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Shawn S, Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello teamvf,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the review and rating. It's always so good to hear from our guests. The next time you are thinking of coming to Port A. give us a call and we'll reserve your favorite room!