Plantation Suites
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$91
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Travelocity
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$99
$97
Travelocity
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Agoda.com
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$92
$109
TripAdvisor
Shark Reef Resort(Port Aransas)
  • Breakfast included
Tropic Island Resort(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
All reviewspool and hot tubwafflesbiscuits and gravyconference centerbreakfast roomsleeper sofafree breakfastplace to staytwo queen bedshot breakfastroom was largebbq areaenjoyed our staypicnic tablesget awayfirst floormustang island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good location: This hotel is close (driving) to downtown and a couple of blocks from the beach. It has a very nice pool and hot tub area surrounded by plants and privacy fence. Great relaxation after a day at the beach. Room is clean and well kept considering the beach environment. Cost is reasonable for the season. We were there in July, so it is expensive wherever you stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter if you don't mind the stairs. You can face East or West, depending on your preference.
2  Thank Vince C
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank You for choosing Plantation Suites. The pool area is great place to relax and enjoy the privacy that surrounds it. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard to makes sure they provide great service and also give a nice clean and comfortable room for you to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you on you next visit to Port A.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent the weekend with my son and Nephew, we did a bay charter 5 hour fishing trip and realy had a great time. The hotel staff was great and very accomodating as soon as week walked in for check-in. I have stayed here several times and I'm never disappointed. I would definately reccommend staying here if you have not been here before.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for choosing us as your destination when you come to Port A. We can't wait till you make your next trip here at Plantation Suites. We want you to come and relax and enjoy all the amenities that we provide. I hope your fishing trip went well. Please send us some pictures of your fish so we can see what you caught. We hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I just spent 5 days here with my 2 boys and my mom. We loved it. Can't wait to go back next summer! It isn't on the beach like we are used to, but it was just about a mile walk which was not bad after having a good hot breakfast. Almost the entire staff (with the exception of 1 person out of 8 we dealt with) were fantastic. Just make sure you call the hotel to make your reservation if you need a sleeper sofa. The website says all rooms have one, but they have remodeled and all the rooms do not have a sleeper sofa. We found this out the hard way. They do have blow up mattresses, but my teenage son was more comfortable sleeping on the couch. The rooms are good size so we had plenty of room to relax and chill. The rooms are super clean. I saw the housekeepers (who were super awesome) sterilizing everything including the mattresses. We were there during the week and it was very peaceful. Wish I could go back now!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Service was great. Room was perfectly clean and ready. Staff was friendly and professional. We would have stayed through the weekend but were not prepared to pay almost double the price for Friday and Saturday nights. Breakfast was great except they needed more help to keep up. We will stay again during the week.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

If this hotel was even just a bit closer to the beach, it would have gotten a rating of 4 instead of 3. For me location is a BIG DEAL so since this really isn't what I consider walking distance it doesn't measure up to what I really like for a beach hotel. Some of the friends we were traveling with did run to the beach but didn't have to carry anything and did it more for excercise. I did see where the hotel was on a map so it didn 't surprize me that it wasn't right on the beach but the closest route to the beach was a little confusing and I ended up preferring the long way so as not to get lost. Besides that point however, everything else was very nice.

We enjoyed the grills and comfortable seating all around the hotel and pool area. We spent several hours sitting outside and enjoying the evening breeze. We took advantage of the little horseshoe area and taught the kids how to play. There was even enough room to kick a soccer ball around.

The breakfast was a little better than the average hotel continental breakfast with plenty of protein and low cal/fat options for those that look for that. Coffee is available 24/7 and the room refrigerators and microwaves also add to the variety of eating choices. We easily stored our grilling leftovers and had that the next day for dinner.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable and even though it can be difficult sharing 1 bathroom among 6 people(especially if traveling with teenage girls) there is an extra sink and mirror outside the bathroom which does help a bit. I wasn't expecting luxurious furniture or anything like that but everything was still comfortable and we managed a good night's sleep every night.

If the price is right, I would definately stay here again even though it's not right on the beach. I think it would be excellent to stay here for a fishing trip.

Room Tip: I would choose a room NOT by the pool since that might be a little more noisier.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family