“Handicap room”
Review of Plantation Suites

Plantation Suites
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The only thing that dropped value was lack of wheelchair ramp on 1 side of motel and leaking shower wand. Service was 5 star as staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location on Mustang Island close to beach and town and great food nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Port Aransas and the staff at Plantation Suites were very informative and helpful. The rooms were bright and colorful. Everything was clean and very well maintained. We will definitely consider stay here on our next visit.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I have stayed here approximately 80 nights since the hotel opened, it's the only place we like! The staff is ALWAYS on top of their game, rooms are clean and the porch can't be beat! Hot tub and pool are very nice, kids love it. Location is perfect, close to everything. Rates are typical, but we've never had a reason to look anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We loved our visit to the Plantation Suites! We were greeted with complimentary cold beers at check in (Dad was tickled)..and rooms were clean and cold and ready for us.The kids did an immediate grounds check and were happy with the heated pool and jacuzzi. Everytime we swam we had it practically to ourselves. I loved the breakfasts especially, they were a plus (scrambled eggs to rival my own, imagine that) and really added even greater value to our stay (which of course is priceless in the grander scheme of things) but when you're traveling with a family of 5, every penny counts! I even talked the old man into staying one more day, and was able t do laundry for the family on site (yay me..lol) all in all, the staff was friendly and accomodating and we felt at home. We appreciate the hospitality and promise to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I saw the online photos for this place, I was sure it would be a great place to spend the night with my girlfriend before heading out on our fishing trip the next morning. From the second I arrived, I was hugely disappointed. The staff is very cordial and helpful but that does not excuse the negative experience I had. Shortly after checking in and searching for my room, I immediately knew I had made a mistake. As soon as I parked my car and headed towards my room, I was hit with the strong odor of marijuana. Then I walked by two sketchy looking individuals and entered my room. The room looked just like the photos, a cute and cozy appearance. The room smelled a bit off but I could not place the odor. I soon found that there was feces in the toilet. When I tried to flush, the toilet filled with water and would not drain. The lobby attendant was apologetic and gave me another room. My second room smelled of vomit and body odor. The tub was moldy, needed to be recaulked and had low water pressure. The toilet in this restroom had a strong musky odor that could be smelled from the bed. This might have been a nice place years ago but that was not my experience. I was exhausted from driving all day and did not feel like complaining again so I tried to fall asleep. It took me a while to get to bed as the walls were thin enough that I could here the couple next door snoring. I was embarrassed to have brought my girlfriend to this place. On the plus side, the hotel is located just minutes away from the beach but so are other similarly priced properties. This place was not much better than any side of the highway motel but was priced the same as any well known hotel brand. If you don't mind poorly kept properties, save your money and go to a motel. If you want a nice place to stay, take your money to a cleaner place. Don't get me wrong this hotel is salvageable and I would welcome returning when necessary repairs and a thorough cleaning have been completed.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TravelsTX79
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Exactly what the title says, this is what a stay should be like. I cannot say enough great things about Plantation Suites! Tracy was more than awesome and inviting with recommendations and information. For what we paid for the stay, you just cannot get any better value. The room was clean, spacious, and exactly as listed. The bed was very comfortable and the best sleep I have had in a rented bed! The breakfast was great as well with plenty of variety for everyone. If you go to Plantation Suites and have a bad experience, something is wrong with you. I would recommend over and over again. This is my new island getaway stay without a doubt! See you soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc C
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband, our dog & I spent three nights at the Plantation Suites and it was a very nice place to stay. The hotel was clean and nicely kept. The pool was nice too. The breakfast was ok. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

There are not many properties that enjoy pets as much as we do here at Plantation Suites, as we are all pet lovers too! We know how important it is to many guests to be able to bring pets with them, and we are glad we could accommodate you on this trip! We hope you and your pets will come back and see us again on your next trip down to Port Aransas.