“Dont waste your time or money anywhere else!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plantation Suites

Plantation Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
“Dont waste your time or money anywhere else!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We loved our visit to the Plantation Suites! We were greeted with complimentary cold beers at check in (Dad was tickled)..and rooms were clean and cold and ready for us.The kids did an immediate grounds check and were happy with the heated pool and jacuzzi. Everytime we swam we had it practically to ourselves. I loved the breakfasts especially, they were a plus (scrambled eggs to rival my own, imagine that) and really added even greater value to our stay (which of course is priceless in the grander scheme of things) but when you're traveling with a family of 5, every penny counts! I even talked the old man into staying one more day, and was able t do laundry for the family on site (yay me..lol) all in all, the staff was friendly and accomodating and we felt at home. We appreciate the hospitality and promise to come back again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I saw the online photos for this place, I was sure it would be a great place to spend the night with my girlfriend before heading out on our fishing trip the next morning. From the second I arrived, I was hugely disappointed. The staff is very cordial and helpful but that does not excuse the negative experience I had. Shortly after checking in and searching for my room, I immediately knew I had made a mistake. As soon as I parked my car and headed towards my room, I was hit with the strong odor of marijuana. Then I walked by two sketchy looking individuals and entered my room. The room looked just like the photos, a cute and cozy appearance. The room smelled a bit off but I could not place the odor. I soon found that there was feces in the toilet. When I tried to flush, the toilet filled with water and would not drain. The lobby attendant was apologetic and gave me another room. My second room smelled of vomit and body odor. The tub was moldy, needed to be recaulked and had low water pressure. The toilet in this restroom had a strong musky odor that could be smelled from the bed. This might have been a nice place years ago but that was not my experience. I was exhausted from driving all day and did not feel like complaining again so I tried to fall asleep. It took me a while to get to bed as the walls were thin enough that I could here the couple next door snoring. I was embarrassed to have brought my girlfriend to this place. On the plus side, the hotel is located just minutes away from the beach but so are other similarly priced properties. This place was not much better than any side of the highway motel but was priced the same as any well known hotel brand. If you don't mind poorly kept properties, save your money and go to a motel. If you want a nice place to stay, take your money to a cleaner place. Don't get me wrong this hotel is salvageable and I would welcome returning when necessary repairs and a thorough cleaning have been completed.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TravelsTX79
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Exactly what the title says, this is what a stay should be like. I cannot say enough great things about Plantation Suites! Tracy was more than awesome and inviting with recommendations and information. For what we paid for the stay, you just cannot get any better value. The room was clean, spacious, and exactly as listed. The bed was very comfortable and the best sleep I have had in a rented bed! The breakfast was great as well with plenty of variety for everyone. If you go to Plantation Suites and have a bad experience, something is wrong with you. I would recommend over and over again. This is my new island getaway stay without a doubt! See you soon

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marc C
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband, our dog & I spent three nights at the Plantation Suites and it was a very nice place to stay. The hotel was clean and nicely kept. The pool was nice too. The breakfast was ok. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
There are not many properties that enjoy pets as much as we do here at Plantation Suites, as we are all pet lovers too! We know how important it is to many guests to be able to bring pets with them, and we are glad we could accommodate you on this trip! We hope you and your pets will come back and see us again on your next trip down to Port Aransas.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

... we enjoyed our recent stay .... ALL staff members were friendly and helpful ... we will definitely be returning ... renting a golf cart was probably the best thing we did ... we drove back and forth for breaks with the little one without having to drive the car all around ... we had a great family vacation and plan to return ... again and again! :)

Room Tip: The 2 Queen Suite w/kitchenette was perfect for our family ... plenty of room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Golf Carts are a great way to explore the Island and we are glad you had that experience. We also appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review of our property. Our staff enjoys making sure all of our guests have great customer service and it is our pleasure to ensure a great vacation for you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Victoria, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed this weekend in the Palm Suite. Upon check-in, the staff was friendly and courteous. We received a free beverage apiece from the office snack area. When we pulled around to the room the stairway led to our room. Outside the room was 2 wooden rockers overlooking Port A side of the Island. As we entered the room, the décor was gorgeous. Palm themed décor throughout. The air condition was nice and cool, the kitchenette was stocked with dishes and coffee supplies. Kitchenette had toaster oven, microwave, small frig, and coffee maker included. The King sized bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The Housekeeping staff and office staff were the happiest and friendliest we have ever met. Breakfast in the morning was simply biscuits and gravy and/or waffles on the day we were there. Would have been better if there was fresh fruit since we are not bread lovers for breakfast. But the overall experience was excellent. We will be staying here again and again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are glad the Palm Suite was your choice as it is quite lovely. We take great pride in providing all of our guests the best experience possible during your stay here in Port Aransas. We enjoy providing a fresh and hearty breakfast to get your day started great. We hope you will come back soon and see us again!
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We took a girls trip for Mother's Day. We enjoy this hotel and I have been here several times. It has friendly staff and a very pleasant atmosphere. The other guest always seem friendly and happy. Nice chairs outside the rooms to sit outside and chat. Thankfully, no mosquitos out on this trip. The rooms were clean and AC worked great! Love that the floors in the room are tiled. They have outdoor showers to clean up after beach trip and hoses by the fish shack so I could clean sand off our beach chairs, coolers, etc. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank D T
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
What a great area to take a "Girls Trip"! We are glad you choose Plantation Suites and are thrilled your stay with us was a positive one. We do hope you will make this an "annual" trip with the "Girls" and cannot wait to see you all again!