“AWESOME stay, the Dunes Rocks!”

The Dunes Condominiums
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great view of the ocean from the 9th floor, staff were all courteous, the room was very clean and had everything I could ever need....only problem was- I could only stay 3 days! Meaning, I only had time for 3 days, I wish I could have stayed for a month. I felt so at home. I will remember this place for sure. Close to downtown, and shopping. Can't say enough great about the Dunes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobbiot
Dunescondos, Manager at The Dunes Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Dunes Condos. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the service we provide to our valued guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family has been spending time in Port A almost every summer for over 25 years because we love the area. We have stayed in many different condos, but this was our first time at the Dunes. We stayed in 708 and the view was amazing. With binoculars, you could even see the dolphins playing in the wakes of the ships in the channel. We also loved the close-in location because it was so convenient to the wonderful restaurants in town and for viewing the July 4th fireworks.

Room Tip: Request beach side on a high floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank EllenW_10

Hi Ellen,
We are so glad you enjoyed your first stay at The Dunes. There sure are some amazing views of Port Aransas from our rooms. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A true MIRACLE!! Stayed here with my husband, 15 year-old son, 2 year-old son and in-laws--everyone was happy the entire trip--no griping...I may have seen a glimpse into what heaven may be like.....
We stayed in Unit 207.Very neat and clean-fantastic layout. We stayed in 2BR/2BA unit, plenty of room for everyone. Great kitchen. Never heard any racket from other rooms. Beds were wonderful (I am a bed snob). The way it is laid out, I think every room has a view--a good one.
Very close to beach--thank goodness since we have to haul what seems like 300 toys/beach items back and forth ( we left our little shade tent out there during the day with chairs and all and no one messed with it)
Pool is nice and roomy, large hot tub. Lots of room to sit for those who don't want to get a tan and stay out of the sun. Maybe it was a fluke but there was always a nice breeze and I was completely comfortable without getting in the water.
All staff was helpful and courteous.
My in-laws liked it so much they were wondering how much one would be to purchase when they retire.

Room Tip: Don't wait until checkout time to take luggage to car (if you need a luggage cart)--you will hav...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kristin8788
Dunescondos, Manager at The Dunes Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hi Kristin,
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Dunes Condos. What more could you ask for than every member of the family being happy during a vacation? We appreciate your business and hope you will return soon. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice views from the 2BR condos with an angled view of the beach and a straight-on view of the channel so you can watch the ships coming and going. Good heated pool and hot tub. Staff seems friendly and helpful. Our unit--902--was up to date and comfortable. Everything in the building seemed to be working fine. Location couldn't be better--close-in and on the beach. A bit pricey but they have discounts, such as check in on Sunday and stay five nights but only pay for three.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JONATHON L
Dunescondos, Manager at The Dunes Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Hi Jonathon,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Dunes. We take great pride in our service and amenities, as well as the spectacular view from our rooms, and we’re glad you agree. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I went to check in on Friday, April 12th. for our 28th. Anniversary. We arrived a little early at 3:35 and asked if we could check in. The lady at the counter was rude and said "absolutley not, our check in time is 4:00". I then asked if we could unpack our luggage on the cart and wait in the lobby since it was only 25 minute wait. She said, "no we prefer that our guests leave and come back when it's time to check in". So, we left and drove around town until after 4:00 to make sure we were not early. When we returned to the desk she had our paper work waiting. I had made our reservation on the internet and had filled out the forms and paid the first night by credit card. So, the only thing left for me to fill out was the vehicle information which asked for make, model, and license plate number. I told her that I could not remember my license plate, but when we went to unload the car I would check and come back to the desk. She then said that, "we are not allowed to have the key, or officially check in until we filled out the vehicle information completely". Well, we went to the car, unloaded luggage, went back to the front desk to give the information and FINALLY we were given the key. The front desk person never gave instructions like how to access wifi, or anything to make the visit pleasant. However, she did tell us that the pool was closed until 4:00 on Saturday even though the website said it was closed until April 9th.

So no swimming pool, and a really bad first impression. It had been 30 years since my husband and I had first stayed at the Dunes, and now I think I remember why...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank G F
Dunescondos, Front Desk Manager at The Dunes Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are sorry to hear of your troubles during your visit to The Dunes. Our check in time is at 4 pm to ensure that every department has adequate time to prepare your room. Our staff is usually very helpful and friendly as you can read from the previous reviews of the Dunes. The Dunes strives to make every guest enjoy their visit and apologize for the pool area being shut down during your visit. We always try to avoid large projects during peak periods. The delay in completion of the pool area was due to weather.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Chose this place just based on photos and advertizing last year for a one week stay. Came back this year for two months. Both times have been great. All staff are friendly and very helpful. Condos are clean and well kept. Service is excellent. The laundry and plumbing are the only things that seem to need any attention, as they are dated. The location can not be beat. Views are fantastic. A great place for winter Texans and families. My mother is very particular and she has enjoyed the condo both times. Close to everything in town and a perfect distance for a walk to the jetties.

Room Tip: If possible try to get the rooms on the slant with view to beach 107-110, 207-210, etc.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years and have always enjoyed this condo. It has been several years since I have visited Port Aransas and it has changed for the better, still a small town feel but better restaurants etc. The Dunes is older, quiet, but could use some upgrades. My particular condo while it had everything I needed really was still 80's decor. For the price an upgrade needs to happen. You can't specify which condo you get here, that is a drawback, many condos in PA can be viewed before you confirm. The office personnel are very helpful and problems are taken care of immediately. I choose this condo for its location, it is right next to the ship channel so sitting on a large balcony watching the surf and ships come in is awesome. Oh and I love their pool, it needs a redo but has a deep end, very few do these days. I hope to return to the Dunes soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo