“what happened”
Review of Port A Seafood Co.

Port A Seafood Co.
Ranked #47 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“what happened”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been there for several years in the past and always have had friendly service and great boiled shrimp. Not this time. The place smelled especially bad, as I had not remembered before. The place needs cleaning up and the guy behind the counter needs to be replaced. We've always had it steamed there and purchased their cocktail sauce.
Our 2lbs.of 30$ shrimp was overcooked and unpeelable. Very disappointed. They need some changes before we will go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank nickthechick1956

Port Aransas
“Go to Ocean's of Seafood”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This seafood sales place is not very clean. People are rude. Prices are high. Quality was questionable.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank PortAMom
Nassau Bay
“Wonderful Snapper Ceviche”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stopped for carry-out. Thought my friend said they made shrimp ceviche. Instead the young man said she (the chef) makes snapper ceviche. Purchased 2 servings and home I went. This ceviche's flavor has a wonderful spicy kick to the acidic base balanced with diced tomatoes and onions. Generous amounts of snapper to boot! Serve it with a cool crunchy salad and warm garlic bread for a light meal.

• Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great seafood poor customer service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Walked in expecting to be greeted by some friendly people but had the complete opposite experience. I don't know what happened here but I believed the reviewers who said the customer service was great and the prices were cheap. I'd say the prices were what you'd expect for a seafood place. I was realllllyyyy shocked by the way the guy who was working there acted towards us. He made it like we were inconveniencing him by coming into his job where he WORKS. Dude, save the attitude for your girlfriend. Another worker walked by and didn't say a word to us (he had to walk between my husband and I too). I know it can't just be us who think 9 out of 10 locals are jerks at Port A. Seriously we had the worst experience there. I mean I get it, you get a lot of yuppy, elitist rich folk vacationing there and they can be pretty obnoxious but [--]! Not all of us are like that! I'm definitely not rich or snobby. Anyywayy...

We got shrimp and stuffed blue crab. We grilled the shrimp at our cottage and heated the crab up in the oven. They were delicious! So fresh and so filling. If we ever give Port A a second chance, we'd go back here but only for the food.

Visited March 2013
dallas
“Good fresh seafod”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We didn't go to the restaurant, we went only for the fish market. We loved the grouper and shrimp we received here, and everything was very affordable. We even came back the day we left and got some to take home with us, and it was just as good the next day. The people here were helpful as well.

Visited February 2013