“Only wish I had taken the Kids”

Woody's Sports Center
Houston, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Only wish I had taken the Kids”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went on the evening cruise, dolphin watch, shrimp krawl from Woody's and had a great time. This charter is open to you bringing your own cooler and beverages, so stock up! It's about an 1 1/2 boat ride. We went out pass the light house and at sunset, the views are beautiful. They do a shrimp krawl and pull up things from the bay. That was neat to see. They let the kids put the fish and crabs and whatever else comes up into the little aquarium. I wish I had my girls with me to experience that. We caught a stingray, a puffer fish, a few little fish and some crabs. They sons of the sea (guides) told what each fish was before handing them off to the kids. I thought it was really cool. We saw some dolphins in the water and caught a few shots of them. All in all it was fun.

Visited September 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Jet ski rental”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I had a blast on the pwc! Its $100 for a hour but it was worth every penny. The guide was great he explained everything you needed to know about operating the pwc then led u out to the "playground" gave us boundaries and let us go! There were some slower people in our group so our time was worked around them which was great. He even went back with a girl who was afraid and put her on with him. I would recomend this to anyone who likes to go fast! We also got within 2 feet of a group of dolphins.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kimberleemaeker
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money on Woody's Sports Center Fishing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I wouldn't waste your money on Woody's Sports Center's Fishing barge trip. The operator didn't put much effort or cost into finding fish for the customers on my trip on 7_26_2013. We left the marina and fished the entire time in the shipping lane outside the breakwall. Basically only 15 minutes worth of fuel. The other charter operators went on out of the area and left us anchored dealing with the waves from large tankers, and barges, The boat was so full we were frequently tangled in another fisherman's line. These guys were all about making money with the smallest cost - I never felt finding the customer fish at all cost was a consideration.

Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So Disappointing!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family is vacationing on Padre Island. We chartered an off-shore fishing trip on the Alyse Allyn owned by Ron Woltersdorf through Woodys. We arrived this morning excited about our day on the water only to be told, by the owner, that his captain didn't show up and that he was too busy to take us. Really? We stood on the dock and watched dozens of boats leave while we returned to the parking lot. Woody's did not offer another option. Obviously, we will not be recommending either the boat or Woody's. What a disappointing day!!!!!

3 Thank crn202
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My whole family had a blast!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

All 9 of us ages 3-75 had a blast on the dolphin tour. We saw lots of dolphins and sea creatures, it's more then just a dolphins tour! While on board you not only see dolphins but they throw a large net out and fish and have a tub in the middle of the boat where they put the creatures caught so everyone can see and touch them. Awesome experience, we had a blast and learned a lot!

2 Thank Dicksona48