“one of my best days ever”
Review of Stray Cat Sailing Adventures - CLOSED

Stray Cat Sailing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Stray Cat Sailing Adventures is a sailboat charter service located in Port Aransas Texas. Sailing the Corpus Christi Ship Channel, the Lydia Ann Channel and the Gulf of Mexico. We offer dolphin watching, swimming, byob, family fun, private charters, up to 6 people. We are kid and pet friendly.
Spurger, Texas, United States
“one of my best days ever”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

s captian is so honest I paid for my trip way in advance I didnt even need a recipe to go on the day scheduled. has a ship mate and she was not able to come due to work.We were disappointed that she could not come.We set out and the captian got a call it was his ship mate she ended up not having to work.We were excited and said go back and get her.Now are adventure started christen the captians mate loves to collect seashells so we stopped and collected some and she collected a set of red shells and gave them to my friend who was down here from new york.Well i could go on and on but i will make it short poured every drink we drank they took pics for us we saw many dolphins they even seranaded us and let me tell you they can sing and play.We didnt do any work what soever but the next day we slept til 9 and 10 in the mornin we were so relaxed we usually get up around 6 or 7 we will surely do this again only the 8 hour instead of 4 causev4 is to short for us

Visited May 2013

Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Day Sailing”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We sailed with Captain Chester along with a few of our family members and friends. Captain Chester is a hoot!!!! At one point we were at the front of the boat relaxing, soaking up the sun and he was strumming a few tunes on his guitar. We had our son with us who we hadn't seen since October (Navy). It felt so good to be enjoying the water, dolphins, friends, family, music and good weather. I wish that I could have bottled what I felt. Thanks to Captain Chester for a wonderful and relaxing, fun-filled day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Karduckontherun
Bulverde, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was at Port A this past weekend for a girl's weekend. We were lucky to get a reservation to go sailing with Captain Chester - Stray Cat Adventures. I have been going to the coast all my life and this was first time out on a sailing adventure there. There were six of us and we had a front row seat on the front of the boat. A ship came right by us with porpoise giving us a great show jumping in front of the ship. We sailed to the end of the jetty's and then sailed to the lighthouse. The trip was four hours and totally enjoyable. We definitely will be sailing with Chester again.

Visited September 2012
Boerne, Texas
“Too Much Fun!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My fiancee and I went to Port A for our first anniversary. We were lucky enough to get the Stray Cat booked for a couple of days of fun and had a close friend join us for the adventure. Captain Chester Ruder was amazing to watch, while working the sails and steering the boat with his feet! My favorite part was seeing the baby dolphin, too cute!! He was highly entertaining with his guitar and songs! Plus the man can cook a steak to perfection!! We cannot wait until we can return for more fun! Thanks for the memories Capt. Chester!

Visited August 2012
Belmont, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Picture perfect sunset cruise”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this but wanted something different to celebrate our 20 year wedding anniversary. Unfortunately the weather interfered when we originally booked but Captain Chester graciously worked with us to reschedule. Chester and Vicki were great hosts. We enjoyed the trip, great views and wonderful dinner. (Still trying to recreate the stuffed mushrooms at home.) Would definitely recommend Stray Cat Sailing adventures for a dinner or sunset cruise. Can't wait to return next year and see the additional remodeling they have planned for the boat.

Visited July 2012