“Will be back”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was a great find by accident. Our regular dinner place had a 1 1/2 hour wait, so we ventured out. Great BBQ and decent burgers + some cool to-go cups as souvenirs! We are happy find a new place with great food and service, just bring your wallet and they know they are the only BBQ place on an island.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our family has been traveling to Port Aransas for 21 years now, we are big on breakfast. So when beaches opened up not to long ago we were pretty pleased.....so what happened? We walked in this morning to grab a bite and the bakery looked like it was closed although, the door sign said open and it appeared to be open. We waited for 15 minutes, standing, trying to find someone. Being a senior marketing major, I still have a lot of learning to do but I know when you say you're open for breakfast AT LEAST be there when your breakfast crowd comes. It was 9:02AM when walked through the door. So it's not like we were late....I won't say I'm done but it won't be a desired spot to venture out to anymore.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited beaches with my family. There were 14 of us and they had no problem seating us. Good service. Great food. Don't leave without something sweet from the bakery!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I both had a hamburger, my son had ribs, and my younger kids had chicken fingers and shrimp. The food was really good. The waitress was a little harried because she was having to tend bar and wait tables. The bakery desserts were delish, especially the key lime pie.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is there first time Ive been disappointed in Beaches and for one reason...... portion size for the price left me feeling quite frustrated. I ordered the Mahi Mahi sandwich and honestly, the piece of maui mahi I got was HALF the size of the regular bun it was on. It measured about 1" x 2 1/2". It was fine tasting but my gosh it was a small piece of seafood. Otherwise our party of four adults and three kids were treated fine. The kid's burgers were excellent.My son got the grilled season platter and it too was quite skimpy on the portion. Lotsa rice to make it look like it filled the plate. For 3 kids burgers, two Mahi Mahi sandwiches, the seafood platter and a BBQ turkey plate, plus an appetizer, bill was $95!!! Too much for what we got....