“Great place! ”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Had chips and queso and pulled pork sandwich. Both were yummy and there Rob's sauce was good too! Service was great. Will be back!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Go somewhere else...poor...no...non-existing table service and mediocre food. We were seated quickly, our waitress took our order and then disappeared. Twenty minutes later she comes back from out of the kitchen with our drinks. She takes our order. I ordered a salad and the bbq sandwich as did my daughter. Another 20 minutes goes by and no waitress and no salad. Finally my salad arrives. It's small...really small, wilted and limited to a bit of ice berg and a few grated carrots. My grandson (age 6) is really hungry by now, so I gave him my salad to hold him until his meal comes. We flag down another waitress (ours is still MIA) and ask for two more salads. Fifteen minutes later they come. Same sad salad. Apparently the bad service is not just at our table. Two tables that are right out our window (on the porch) have waited for over 30 minutes for their drinks. Our meal arrives. The bbq sandwich was overly salty, great bun, nice size. The potato salad I opted for instead of FF was bland and forgetful. BBQ sauce comes in two forms...sweet or regular. Both are good. Were done but can't check out because our waitress is, again, MIA. We called one of the other waitresses over to get our ticket. Ten minutes later our waitress comes out of the kitchen with our ticket and we depart. I'm not amused by the sign on a poll in the dinning room saying something to the effect of (you the patron) being nice (sorry I can't remember the exact words) and receiving services. This place will test your being "nice" while your PAYING to be treated badly. From a Quality Assurance stand point, in this case, it's not the paying patron who should be receiving the warning to be nice, kind or friendly but the establishment who is taking your hard earned money for their commodity and services (or lack of). Granted, no patron should be rude as service and food issues can usually be easily remedied. It was a very long and very frustrating lunch and they weren't even full!

2  Thank Cynthia J
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Coast Father's Day weekend. Hospitality great...seated quickly (just the two of us) They have a wide selection from seafood to BBQ. I tried the pulled pork and it was delicious and the BBQ sauce was out of this world! You have to try it for yourself!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is the third time my husband and I have dined here. The food is always great (I had a brisket baked potato while my husband had the grilled chefs platter). The prices are some of the best around while the staff is friendly. Atmosphere is great- not too loud, kid friendly.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The first item on the sign outside says Seafood. I had expected to get some barbecue shrimp, but that was not on the menu.
Instead, I had brisket, which turned out to be very tasty. There are three sauces on the table, I liked the House and Sweet sauce.
Service was friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very casual, clean and comfortable.

There is a bakery that had a variety of desserts. They looked delicious but we didn't try them.

The barbecue was really good; they ought to focus on that.