“I would take my friends here and recommend it to anyone who asked!”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
“I would take my friends here and recommend it to anyone who asked!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Hubby did the two meat, I did one. Both had pulled pork (excellent - moist and flavorful), and he had turkey, also (very good). Waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, and HONEST! Sides were chosen based on waiter's recommendation and spot on! We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014

Olathe, Kansas
“It was ok...”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We ate there for supper our first night back. And it was good too. And it was quiet as it was the night of the Super Bowl.

The next morning I went back to try out the wifi and get some coffee. And I did that and the wifi was fine and all. But the waitress came back to give me brush about coming back. She didn't exactly say that but she gave me very detailed instructions on how to get to the computer center and the library. No I hadn't asked about any of that. But she went back through the instructions again so I decided that I was now not all that welcome.

So I will make the necessary and appropriate changes the next time we are looking for place to have supper. Just a thought.

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“good food, terrible service”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I eat here fairly regularly. The food is good and they have a great beer selection (20+ taps). The service is uniformly terrible. They have some good values on the menu. The CFS is extremely good and the burger is solid. There is never a wait, and they are almost always open. They have a little coffee shop inside and make lots of desserts on site. Good place to watch a game too if you sit at the bar.

If you go, just plan on spending a long time and expect slow service. Do not go if you are in a hurry.

• Visited January 2014
“Lose the microwave in the kitchen”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch at the Port A Brewing Company the previous day and decided to try the owner's other venture for dinner tonight. The server was helpful with beer selections. The crabcakes left much to be desired. I ordered the bbq brisket and found it to be quite dry and just warm, my wife's brisket baked potato was unevenly heated - part cool and part hot enough to burn her mouth. We ordered pecan pie for dessert. Asked if we wanted it warmed up, we declined thinking that it would be maybe slightly chilled and not wanting the pie filling to be over heated. We were served a pie straight from the coldest part of the fridge. The top of the pie was nearly impenetrable. We then asked that it be heated enough to be edible but not excessively. We got back a molten pie. Chef Robert Irving has said many times that a microwave oven has no place in a professional kitchen. I can only conclude that this kitcheedn is not professional.

Visited January 2014
Brandon, Canada
“Friendly and delicious”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had the briscuit burger which was tasty and tender. We followed this with a cinnamon bun from the bakery which was to die for, lots of icing and taste. The young man tending to us was very helpful with lunch and beer suggestions. Thanks Beaches.

Visited January 2014