“Great Burger but that's about it”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have come to this place every year for several years-- this time something was missing. Maybe they changed management? The place just did not quite have the feel as it has in years past.

Beer selection was off - every craft beer I asked for was "out." Service was slow - have to flag someone down for napkins, refills on ice tea etc

Young boys serving as "hosts" at the door but they were more interested in their I-phones than customer service.

Bakery item – something they have been known for were old and stale looking – the cheesecakes were crusty.

The burger was great however - glad to see that not gone downhill--yet.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Beaches Cafe is one of the best places in Port Aransas for a casual meal. I had a Beaches Burger which was Angus beef on a homemade roll with hand cut fries. Burger was cooked perfectly and very tasty with the grilled onions and cheddar cheese ($8.45). My wife had the brisket dinner which had a generous portion of lean brisket ($10.45). We each had a Pine Belt Pale Ale ($4.00 ea.) and I also had a Pedenales Pale Ale. Both were great and just two of the over 20 beers they had on tap. For those familiar with San Antonio's FreeTail Ale (1604 at Northwest Military), the Pine Belt Pale Ale was very similar. Service was excellent and there was too much food to allow room for dessert but the selection of cheesecakes looked inviting.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great pulled pork and 28 draft beers on tap. Who could ask for more. We were driving around in Port Aransas, Tx. looking for a place to eat when we smelled Bar-B-Q on the wind. We parked and walked around tracking it down. We found Beaches. What a surprise. We were seated on the veranda and immediately a server was there to welcome us. He asked what we prefered to drink and boasted of there beer selection. I was unfamiliar with them so he took me inside and I sampled on after another. Most were at least good and a couple were really great. We went back to our table and the pulled pork arrived with Smoked Vegies. We don't care for squash and zuccini but we wound up fighting over them. Everything was tastey, hot and quickly served. In a town that was noticably lacking in good, CLEAN, restaurants this was an amazing find.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review about our visit in July. I was looking for good seafood, seems a rarity in Pt. A, when we tried Beaches. I got the blackened redfish, wife got the BBQ chicken, one daughter got burger, and another BBQ baked potato. The fish was ok, not great. But the BBQ was outstanding. We ended up getting more brisket for there and for later. Smoky and tender and delicious. They also have a nice selection of Texas craft brews on tap. Next trip to Port Aransas will definitely include a visit to Beaches for BBQ and beer.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were shocked at how good the brisket was. I never expected to find great bbq in a beach town. The restaurant is clean and modern and our waiter (Dez) was knowledgeable and friendly.