“Good food but nothing to rave about”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good food but nothing to rave about”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Server was delightful. Food was okay but nothing special. We had the smoked chicken plate but couldn't detect any smoking and the chicken looked kind of colorless (gray).

Visited September 2013

San Antonio
“Stupid waitstaff”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just left. We walked in and the host seemed too busy doing whatever he was doing to seat us. Finally he did and our waiter who appeared hung over came and immediately took our drink order and brought our drinks. 20 minutes we sat there with everyone walking past and not acknowledging we were there. We tried to flag down our waiter several times with no luck. I left three bucks for the drinks and walked out. I should have kept my money. I don't have any idea if the food is horrible or the best thing I ever tasted because I never got to order. Should have listened to the latest reviews. Enough of this and business might get slow for them. Castaways is right across the street so go there!

• Visited September 2013
Texas
“Decent food & atmosphere”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is just your typical, run of the mill beach restaurant...adult beverages, fried seafood options, and wooden booths. I wouldn't NOT eat here again, but it's the kind of place that caters to tourists and larger groups. The service was so-so but once again, you aren't doing the 5-star dining thing at this joint.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have several friends living in Port A who recommended this place ... shame on them ... we were immediately seated at the bar, but no bartender showed up ... after about ten minutes I asked for some drinks for the three of us and was told that everyone had gone back to school and to be patient ... no problem my friend, we'll wait at across the street at Castaways where we ate, drank and shared the wealth .... 'nuf said

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Lousy Service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Service was extremely slow. We witnesses a couple leave because when they asked the busboy where there waitress was he came back and said "She was very busy". Then we watched group after group be turned away at the door - it was only 8 pm on a Saturday. Later found out that there was no A/C. A lot of aggravation could have been avoided if one of the restaurant employees would have put a sign on the door. Finally got our food, it was just okay. Got the check, paid & realized that the waitress didn't give us back our credit card. Ridiculous, it was definitely not that busy.

Visited July 2013