WINNER WONDERLAND

“Cheap and tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
San Antonio, TX
“Cheap and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

In a place where everyone wants seafood for $20 a plate, I love eating here and getting a pulled pork sandwich and a side of beans for under $10. It tastes good (I love it with the sweet sauce) and it's served on a tasty soft bun. I just wish they offered a kid's menu with crayons. They have kid's meals, but they're listed in the regular menu. Not kid friendly. I had to give my son my iPhone to keep him occupied. The service is a little slow. I've been here twice and it's been slow, twice. I've never had the seafood. When I want seafood, I don't eat here.

Visited July 2013

Texas City, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food was good enough. The mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were "meh". Kiddo had the fried shrimp and loved them. Hubby liked his meal. But, we were not like "wow".

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“"Food was great"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I would first off like to say after reading many reviews I would have to agree that the service you get here needs some work. When we arrived we had to wait for a table to get cleaned off which seem to take much longer than was necessary but maybe they were short handed not sure. Once seated we waited probably 5-10mins before we were greeted by the waiter whom was super nice. As for the food I tried the Brisket Nachos and they were worth the wait so "Yummy" there were several things they happened to be out of the night we visited it seemed everything my Sister wanted they were out of "Chicken Fried Steak, Green Beans, and a few other things. My daughter had the Fish basket and there was alot of food, my friends husband tried the Ribs,and said they were very good. We had the Crab stuffed Jalapenos for a appetizer and they were delicious. I would come back for the food just hope the service will improve.....

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Better places on the island....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The salad was fresh and crisp. The desert of banana pudding was to die for but the meal....was VERY disappointing. 14.99 for 8 small shrimp grilled and an old baked potato with cheese baked on it hours ago. The shrimp was undercooked. I will not be back except for dessert. Sad that people this.k this is good food.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lynnfwlr
“Delectable Shrimp and Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Sort of local beachy feel that makes the food surprising. The fred shrimp and fish were absolutely wonderful. Fresh, moist and tasty. ..cooked just right. While fries a little on the cool (temperature wise), grilled veggies done right. service good and wait person was friendly.

Visited June 2013