“"Food was great"”
Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I would first off like to say after reading many reviews I would have to agree that the service you get here needs some work. When we arrived we had to wait for a table to get cleaned off which seem to take much longer than was necessary but maybe they were short handed not sure. Once seated we waited probably 5-10mins before we were greeted by the waiter whom was super nice. As for the food I tried the Brisket Nachos and they were worth the wait so "Yummy" there were several things they happened to be out of the night we visited it seemed everything my Sister wanted they were out of "Chicken Fried Steak, Green Beans, and a few other things. My daughter had the Fish basket and there was alot of food, my friends husband tried the Ribs,and said they were very good. We had the Crab stuffed Jalapenos for a appetizer and they were delicious. I would come back for the food just hope the service will improve.....

There are newer reviews for Beaches Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The salad was fresh and crisp. The desert of banana pudding was to die for but the meal....was VERY disappointing. 14.99 for 8 small shrimp grilled and an old baked potato with cheese baked on it hours ago. The shrimp was undercooked. I will not be back except for dessert. Sad that people this.k this is good food.

1  Thank lynnfwlr
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Sort of local beachy feel that makes the food surprising. The fred shrimp and fish were absolutely wonderful. Fresh, moist and tasty. ..cooked just right. While fries a little on the cool (temperature wise), grilled veggies done right. service good and wait person was friendly.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good food, clean restaurant, very good atmosphere - a solid pick among Port A establishments. They went out of their way to accommodate the shellfish food allergy of one of our party's members. All of their desserts are made from scratch at the restaurant - excellent key lime pie and Italian creme cupcake. They have excellent burgers and fish 'n chips.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant was very clean, spacious and welcoming. I liked that it wasn't a shack. Though I have had great meals in some of the area "shacks"....just wanted to sit and enjoy a good meal in a clean welcoming restaurant. The brisket nachos are AWESOME! Also, the grilled shrimp was very good. Hubby had the ribeye steak which was pretty good...not awesome but still pretty good. The fried flounder lacked flavor so it was just ok. I would definitely go there again...just would not order the fried flounder. I would also definitely recommend this place.