“Bakery to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaches Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Beaches Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
“Bakery to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We snowbird here every February and live to eat at Beaches. The sweet barbeque sauce on their fries is THE BEST. Then there's the friendliest wait staff in the world...endless iced tea and a bakery that has mouth watering cheesecake. We love this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

New Braunfels, Texas
“Fabulous food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited this restaurant last fall when we were in Port A and loved the food and the choice of beers. When we were visiting the island last weekend, we ate there on Saturday night. It was great sitting outside on the porch, and the food was still excellent.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Super spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We loved this place so much we had lunch there twice! The have a wonderful patio and allowed us to enjoy our meal with our dogs at our side. The shrimp po'boy and hand cut fries were excellent.

Visited May 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ALWAYS the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I eat here as much as I can. I usually get the same waiter named Ed everytime I come here. If im not mistaken I believe he was at a different resteraunt I ate at awhile back as a busboy. He is fantastic! Always polite and does absolutely everything he can to make sure your time in beaches is perfect even if someone else is your server. I usually order Ribs but decided to try out the sliced brisket dinner. Before I sat down I already had a water and tea I usually order right in front of me. Great Stuff :D Ed got my meal in before a big top order went in and it came out in a flash. I will say though on a busy night youll have to wait for your food awhile but its worth it! No matter how busy it is though the staff will always try their best to get everyone taken care of. With the string of great visits its one of my favorite place to go and im always pleased with everything! KEEP IT UP!

• Visited April 2013
Fayetteville, TX
“Staff NICE! Foods just OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were there on a Saturday nite and the place was slammed with several large groups that the staff was really struggling to stay on top of. Because there were only 2 of us, we did not have to wait to long for a table, but it took a long time to get menus and to be waited on. However, the hostesses and our waiter, Ed, did their very best to let us know they were sorry for the delays and the chaos. I had grilled Mahi-Mahi that was overcooked, but not terrible. My friend asked for baked potato, but was later told they were out of baked potatoes. (How does that happen in Texas? We love our potatoes!) She liked her grilled Tilapia, but she also said it was "good" not great". Not sure I would go back to eat, but would like to say to Ed and the hostesses!

Visited April 2013