“wont stay there again manager not friendly”

Tropic Island Resort
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Bad park people not friendly, manager or owner rude, had sand no grass and wouldn't let us move,
No handicap facilities at all so couldn't use the pool or spa and wasn't clean had sand all in it anyway

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rwsugar
tropicislandresort, Owner at Tropic Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I'm sorry that your experience here wasn't a good one. We try hard to please all of our customers. We as well as well as most places here in South Texas have had a shortage of rain therefore grass is in short supply as well. We are working hard at re-sodding the area and hoping for rain! As far as sand in the pool please keep in mind that Port Aransas is an Island and the wind does blow.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

After having a nightmare of an experience at another motel in the area, we checked this place out cautiously. I asked to check the room prior to paying for it and the lady at the front desk was very nice and understood. I checked out the room and was quite surprised to see that the room was nice and clean. The property looked like it might be one of the older properties but the room was clean and it did not have any odors. The walls were bright white, linens were white as was the bathroom tiles. I have no complaints. This was a very nice place to stay. The pool was also clean . The entire property looked taken care of and the staff appeared to take pride. Do recommend this place and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have spent several winters at Tropic Island. We had been to several other resorts before our first winter there. We liked it so much, we have never gone anywhere else. Erlinda and Ken are like family to us. They are always so friendly, and know you by name. It's always nice to be greeted by a friendly hello, as you sit on your patio in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The club house is always open for friends to gather to play cards, games, pot-luck dinners, or a game of pool.I would recommend Tropic Island to anyone that would like to spend time at a clean, friendly resort that is within walking distance of all sorts of fun things to do, and awesome places to eat! We start counting the days from when we leave Tropic Island, till the time we return.....we will be back in 26 days!!!!
Most sincerely, Ann & Tom Bowers

Room Tip: they are all nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

very courteous people ,guest too!!! have stayed there in different rooms, which have only approved since first time i stayed there ten years ago, just went there two weeks ago, can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently stayed at Tropic Island for the weekend. Came in on a Friday 8/3 and left on Sunday8/5. On our way down from Dallas we had a flat tire and other car trouble so it was not a pleasant trip. The girl at the front desk was smiling and friendly and efficient. She was knowledgable of the area and gave us great ideas on where to eat and what to do. The room we stayed in had a kitchen. It was great not to be crowded into a small space. The room was spottless. The girl's from housekeeping were really nice and help us out with out request for towels etc. I had a minor challenge with the parking but the owner managed to solve it. Overall it was a great stay and I would do it again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very clean and plenty of room in the RV park for getting trailers in and out and lots of room for kids to ride bikes, scooters. Clean bathhouse as well. Close to town and beach.

I have stayed in their rooms too and they are very clean and very reasonable. Not a fancy condo but a great place to stay if you want somewhere clean and quiet and not too expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

First, the week before my arrival, I emailed, no response, then called 4 time no answer, only got the answering machine, left 2 messages, no return call. I just wanted to make sure about the room and to see if there was a refrigerator in the room. Second, my reservation was confirmed for two queen bed, I arrived on July 28th, checked in and when I got to the room, there was only one queen bed. I was told I was only charged for one room and they were booked up so they couldn't change my room. (Only a 10 difference so I didn't notice.) If my confirmed reservation was changed, they should have at least had the courtesy to email or call me ahead of time. They didn't even bother to tell me when I checked in. My mother and I both have health issues and need our own bed, neither of us got any sleep. Third, there's an ice bucket but you can only get ice if the office is unlocked, after 9am. Not sure when it's locked for the evening. Forth, the air conditioner was set on 69 and we were unable to find a thermostat, no blanket, only a sheet and bedspread. My mother is nearly 84 so I folded the bedspread to keep her warmer. I finally just unplugged the unit. Bad experience, will never stay there aain and would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Days Inn Port Aransas TX
#4 of 20 in Port Aransas
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area

Been to Tropic Island Resort? Share your experiences!