“Outstanding for breakfast...”

Avery's Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Breakfast, Homemade Bisquits,Tacos, Egg Plates, French Toast, PancakesBurgers, Hand Battered, Grilled or Sauteed Seafood, Steaks, Chicken fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, Homemade Crab Cakes, Shrimp, Salads, Subs, Homemade Mash Potatoes, Homemade Clam Chowder, Homemade Onions Rings, Homemade Desserts. Made to order Entrees. Big portions for the price you pay. Give us a try you will not regret it. We are located at the old Little Joe's 200 W Ave G We Serve an awesome homestyle Breakfast from 5AM-11:30AM Lunch and Dinner Close at 10pm On Friday and Saturday. Close at 9pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. On Wednesday and Sundays hours are 7am-3pm. Try our Onion Rings they are the best along with the hamburgers! We have great food, we are family owned and operated. Come check us out and let us know how we are doing and what we may need to improve. Leave feed back on trip advisor. Thanks!
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Avery's Kitchen is a small little restaurant with a very simple atmosphere. Extremely popular and expect to wait for a table. The food is excellent and the portions are huge. The pancakes are the size of a paper plate and eggs are prepared perfectly as well as the hash browns and bacon. Service is very good and prompt. Never need to ask for a coffee refill as your server is very observant. High recommend stopping here for breakfast. Great seafood menu, although did not have the opportunity to sample it.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We saw all the great reviews of another popular island eatery, but found out they were closed for the holiday. After we found Avery's, Our disappointment was a thing of the past. This was literally the best fried fish I have ever tasted. Thick, tender, flaky cuts of grouper deep fried in the most perfect breading imaginable. To top it off, the house tartar sauce was divine! I replaced the fries for the hand-breaded, made to order onion rings, which were also delicious. And the price was incredibly reasonable. I can't attest for the rest of the menu, but the fried fish and onion rings are first rate. And our waitress was one of the best we have ever had! She got a very big tip :) We WILL be back next time we are down this way!

1  Thank Alyssa G
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Avery's does a fantastic job with breakfast and the locals are definitely onto them. I ate breakfast there 2 days in a row, and the second day the place was packed. There was only a short wait, however, and the servers did their best to take care of everyone in a timely manner. The food was worth the wait. The owner is on site and maintains quality control. The first day I had a great breakfast of eggs over easy, hashbrowns, bacon and a biscuit with gravy. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the bacon was nice and crisp (not the paper-thin bacon you get in a chain restaurant, but nice and thick). My daughter had pancakes which were huge and quite tasty. She took half of the order to go and had them for lunch later that day. The second day I tried their special, pecan waffles. They had a nice flavor and texture, and my daughter enjoyed the French toast quite a bit. I strongly recommend this place to anyone vacationing in Port A.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Not only was the chicken fried steak the best my husband has ever had, but the refried beans that came with my eggs ranchero were wonderful as well as the ranchero sauce. Very clean-looking place and everyone so friendly. Our server, Crystal, was great---Very friendly, efficient and accommodating.

1  Thank terri58687
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here late on a Monday night. We had Hamburger Steak, a Burger, Kids Fish Meal and my husband and I split a Fish & Oyster Meal. There was also a very good salad bar with house made crouton sticks. The fish was excellent and so was the hamburger steak. Everything we ate was delicious and even with two adults and four kids there was food left over. It cost us about $50.