“Pretty good!”

Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Breakfast, Homemade Bisquits,Tacos, Egg Plates, French Toast, PancakesBurgers, Hand Battered, Grilled or Sauteed Seafood, Steaks, Chicken fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Steak, Homemade Crab Cakes, Shrimp, Salads, Subs, Homemade Mash Potatoes, Homemade Clam Chowder, Homemade Onions Rings, Homemade Desserts. Made to order Entrees. Big portions for the price you pay. Give us a try you will not regret it. We are located at the old Little Joe's 200 W Ave G We Serve an awesome homestyle Breakfast from 5AM-11:30AM Lunch and Dinner Close at 10pm On Friday and Saturday. Close at 9pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. On Wednesday and Sundays hours are 7am-3pm. Try our Onion Rings they are the best along with the hamburgers! We have great food, we are family owned and operated. Come check us out and let us know how we are doing and what we may need to improve. Leave feed back on trip advisor. Thanks!
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited in the off-season and were looking for a place that had something for everyone, including those of us in the group that didn't eat seafood. It was pretty good-nothing special, but better than some of the places we've eaten at in Port A. The onion rings are very good, a must have! I had the 5 ounce burger/fries, which were okay. The 5 ounce burger with fries was more than enough for me and I was hungry. The table also had fish, shrimp and chicken strips. The chicken strips were HUGE and could definitely be shared between people. I would come back, especially to check out breakfast. I'd go back as well to try other menu items. Could be cramped for space if it were crowded.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We dined at Avery's Kitchen based in the reviews. It does look a bit like a hole in the wall, but that didn't bother us. There is a cool sandcastle set up outside, which the kids liked. The place is BYOB, which was fine by us. We took in a bottle of wine and were provided with glasses & a corkscrew. We expected cheaper prices, based on what we'd read. It was by no means expensive, but was not inexpensive, either. I mention this because we spent roughly the same amount at a place the night before and they served fresh seafood AND we bought drinks and dessert. The crab cakes at Avery's were pretty tasty but made with imitation crab meat!!! The fish on the seafood platter was obviously cod, not fresh local fish. That being said, the food was decently tasty and plentiful. Service was good. Kids menu is all they can eat. Overall it was an ok place--I've had better & I've had worse.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband had a traditional breakfast plate and I had a shrimp omelette. The food was wonderful and there was a lot of it! Our waitress was efficient and friendly. The place is fairly small and was busy. Food still came out in a timely manner. Dinner prices are more than I like to pay but I will definitely go back for breakfast.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place had really good food made to order and in hefty portion. The grilled chicken sandwich was really good and so were the fries and not too greasy which was nice. They also had complementary cake with the kids loved a lot.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our dinner here. Service was fast & friendly. Our food was tasty & reasonably priced. Homey atmosphere inside & an elaborate sand castle out front. Next time we're in Port A, we'll be sure to come back to Avery's Kitchen.

1  Thank Pentalinda