“Best of the Best!!!!!”

La Barataria
Ranked #31 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Highway 361
Transit: Port Aransas / Mustang Island offers a free trolley. Island Moorings Yacht Club and Marina and La Barataria are on the free trolley route. La Barataria offers pick-up service from Mustang Municipal Airport and Newport Dunes and Golf Club.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of the Best!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

Never in my life have I had finer food or better service! The fresh baked bread and garlic infused virgin olive oil, fresh grated cheese & olive tempanade was to die for! The lobster & crab cakes melted in our mouths, the fresh field green salad and the Caesar were fabulous to say the least. And, the rib eye was tasty & prepared exactly the way I ordered it.My wife was in heaven as far as her tuna steak was concerned.

The service was STELLAR! I kid you not, we have never had better service. James and Jamie were at our table the minute our drinks were half full.And they were extremely knowledgeable about the extensive wines they carry. What A fantastic meal! I can honestly say that this is one of the best places we have eaten at on the Gulf Coast! We can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2011