“Horrible”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Horrible”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place is simply horrible! Went on a four hour trip in July 2013 only got to fish 20 minutes top!! Their gear sucks! Hooks not sharp.... Lines fried.....the deck hands could care less and the captain even worse! Beware all they want is your money!! At the start of the trip they ask if anyone wants to put in for the biggest fish pot....but they don't tell you that they get 25% of the winnings!! This is after they pass around the tip jar!! Disgust!

3 Thank Kara H

Denton, Texas
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Sunset cruise is very relaxing!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Anyone who wants to relax with their family or friends, must do this when they come here.
The Captain narrates while heading over to the Lighthouse (owned by HEB Grocers)
Perfect photo opportunity, so bring your camera to catch the sunset! Just amazing!
Many dolphin sightings too.
Owners take very good care of the boats and are very friendly.
Kids will love this trip!

2 Thank tahoequeen21
Odessa, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The terrible”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

7of us went on the 11 1/2 bottom fishing& caught virtually nothing between us, a couple of 10"snappers, a big woo , we're experienced fishermen,I myself have been coastal fishing 40 yrs!,they never put us on any bottom fish,we moved 3 times,out of 40plus fishing3 dog snappers&1grouper, oh but 1 local fisherman, in big king fish tournament,drift fishing on our boat caught maybe 5 kingfish&ran back to dock to enter in tournament. All deck hands more concerned w/him,than40 paying customers bottomrigged caching almost nothing. I will never go on wharf cat or scat cat ever again, been on dolphin boat & everybody(35) caught lots & lots of fish. Tried to get on dolphin but a co. Had booked the day we could go. I just won't go if not on dolphin!! July13,2013

1 Thank Dannodessa
Texas City, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Stay away from the Wharf Cat”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stuff happens...I get it. This isn't a rant. It's just advice that I wish I had prior to booking our trip. My family is experienced on the water, boating and fishing. We've lived on the coast our entire lives. So it's not like we don't have a reference point. I get it, I get it, you're not always gonna catch fish when you go. Been there done that. My point is, I've NEVER heard of an offshore fishing trip where 50 people never lost a SINGLE bait. Well, I guess I have now. I can see not catching anything but not even a bite? Not even a SINGLE bait just "falling off"? If you're an experienced captain and you REALLY want people to at least get a bite, make some kind of adjustment mid trip or something? The crew was nice, the equipment was par for a party boat and the captain sounded pleasant on the loud speaker....at least until we got about 3 1/2 hrs into the trip and the complaints started to mount. Rather than just saying "I'm sorry, we've been catching fish all day and all week, I just don't know what happened", the captain started with the excuses and clichés. Still selling us his skills etc. Well, we saw his skills on display first hand. I guess he's good if they hook themselves or jump into the boat. How much skill is required to pull along side a rig and drift past it? I could go on and on so I won't. I'm just advising tourists. If you blow into town, don't gamble your money on this boat on the 4 hour trip. You'll be disappointed if you have high expectations. We had no idea who to call when we got to town so don't just take my word for it. You're better off comparing multiple sources. If you're cool with spending the money on a nice boat ride and having a strong possibility of not catching fish then you'll be fine.They might be ok on a longer trip...idk. Spend the extra money on a longer trip or charter a different boat. No ill will to the quality of the boat, the crew or the equipment. ALL were EXACTLY as I expected and was promised. We could have spent 250.00 bucks on a whole lot more in Port Aransas. VERY disappointed

5 Thank Dixie-D29
Austin, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Excellent first deep sea fishing trip, excellent crew.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time deep sea fishing, I didn't catch any fish but still had after time. The boat was full 72 people and at least half caught something. The crew was very helpful and quick to restring the line after breaks or cuts. I would highly recommend them and have already scheduled another trip to come back. Thanks for everything! Fished on the wharf cat no sea sick issues with anyone on the boat very stable twin hull boats.