“Jetty boat”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Jetty boat”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We took the jetty boat over to St. Jo's island for some beachcombing. $12 a person. Had fun in the sun.

3 Thank billybman1

Buda, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First time experience deep sea fishing...mediocre”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

So, the "scat cat" took us out into the gulf of Mexico about 30+ miles to partake in some deep sea fishing. My teenagers daughters and son really enjoyed the experience. No seasickness, but no fish for us either. In fact, the only 3 catches that were made that morning on our boat with 45-50 passengers. The crew was helpful but we still left disappointed. Suggestion: go the day before and ask the previous passengers how the fishing was before you drop several hundred dollars on this mediocre fishing trip.

1 Thank camshell
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had fun walking around”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I think it was Fisherman's Wharf, not sure. We just walked around and looked at the boats and talked to one of the sailors. It was fun.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Carrie740
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Some trips great, some not”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been going for several years, about 2x a year and some past trips resulted with no catches, others a nice catch, and other trips have been amazingly lucky. I have gone with friends but this last trip I did solo. I prefer the longer Scat Cat trips, the odds of catching more greatly increase and rarely dissapoint. I just went at the end of June 2012 during the Red Snapper season. I caught 5 Red Snapper and I gave away my extra Red Snappers to other ppl who didn't reach their 2 fish limit. I also caught 1 lane Snapper and 1 small Atlantic shark. BTW I don't care for shark but I had frozen the shark fillets and cooked them 1 wk later. To my surprise it was delicious. Unthawing the shark, it had a little ammonia smell so I soaked the fillets in milk for 15 min. Then I rinsed the shark and pat dried it, then marinated it and grilled it. Delicious. --- Back to the fishing trip. ---- I always take 1 Dramamine an hour before the boat leaves to prevent motion sickness. I don't want to risk getting sick like I've seen so many others on the boat and those ppl don't fish, they are miserable laying down inside the cabin. If you catch nothing, it's crappy luck but don't give up going to the Scat Cat all together. I have found that every year not every catch will be the same. Suck up the losses and have fun. The Scat Cat leaves at 7am and I show up around 6:10am so I can get a boarding pass asap. Getting a pass before the masses show up really matters. If you get a boarding pass numbered 1-10, you get to find the seat you want instead of being number 42 or plus. That sucks because you may have to sit scattered apart from your family or friends when finding available seats. -- The crew on both the Wharf Cat and Scat Cat have been helpful and friendly. I have not used any other their other services like the jetty to St. jo or the dolphin watch but I plan to do the longer Tuna Fish trip.

7 Thank SirPendletonPup
Montana City, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rude terrible customer service”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This company should fire everyone who works inside the store, They are the rudest people I have come across in a forever. How on earth is that place even still open?? Heaven forbid someone ask a question.... obviously they don't have time for such nonsense.