Tarpon Ice House - CLOSED

Birthday Bash at the Tarpon

Reviewed June 12, 2013
peelbuhg
San Antonio, Texas, USA

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped to buy cigars across the street and heard some great music coming from this place. Had to go check it out because our toddler was pointing and screaming "this this this!" Glad we did because the band was awesome, beers were cheap ($2 Dos XX), and the atmosphere was great. Reminded me of a Key West dive bar. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Lacy B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great laid back place when you just want to get out of the heat, have a cold beer, and listen to good music.

1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just spent a couple of afternoons/evenings at the Tarpon. Light crowd of locals and a few tourists thrown in for good measure. Cool staff. Air conditioned bathrooms. Arranged a cab for my buddy and I when we decided to err on the side of caution. Bartenders were great. This is a perfect beach bar with open windows, sandy floors. I didn't wear shoes for 3 days, and that was okay here. Caught a band from Austin on Friday night and the open jam on Sunday night. I will be back.

1  Thank sandmrhodes
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I started planning a huge birthday bash in January for my husband. I was able to get in touch with Paul (the owner) early on and work with him on bringing in a band for the Saturday night bash in June. Paul was so generous to share his venue with us and our band ROCKED THE HOUSE! We simply had THE BEST 40th birthday for my hubby that could've ever been had. The staff were wonderful to us and the space was perfect for what we wanted. If we lived in Port A (which is my dream) I would be at Paul's place every night. If you're in town, do yourself a favor. It is BYOB for liquor - but beer and wine are very reasonable and there is a great selection! This is also a family friendly venue.

2  Thank peelbuhg
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Im a musician and ive played bars all over Texas but this little place has friendly staff and a great owner... go check em out and come hear me play there sometime! Weston Gentry.com

1  Thank Weston G
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Tarpon Ice House is still going strong...LIVE MUSIC AND NEW....PROFESSIONAL LIVE STAND UP COMEDY SHOWS ON SUNDAYS. Buy a ticket for sit down show for around $7 and help local charity for Island Families w/ Children along with other charities for cancer, etc...Different shows will benefit different charities. Great little bar where the locals go. Met lots of artists, writers, comedians, musicians and islanders here. GREAT PLACE TO BE!!! GO AND CHECK OUT THIS GREAT SPACE!!

1  Thank goodvibe1411
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Hungout and listened to live band play some Blues. Met the owner and he was extremely nice and friendly. Would definitely recommend this for a relaxing evening out :) A+ in my book.

1  Thank Yoda316
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My friends & I went to the Tarpon on my birthday it was the most fun that I could remmember. They even serve Champagne by the bottle with real glasses. What more could you ask for cold champagne & live music with a key west feel - dogs welcomed.

2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed January 27, 2012

A great place to chill ... cheap booze and live entertainment
This place is next door to the VFW. I think they have a small menu, but on weekends I've seen free fish, etc from the locals. Music is cover country rock and some blues.

1  Thank mike g
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Best concerts in town. Friendly staff, local hang out, visitors welcome.
I loved the music venue. Dancing highly recommend.
Bring your dog and have a cold one!!!

2  Thank Saythree