“Quality of food is over priced”

Frankie’s Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Family owned and operated. Dedicated to cooking, fresh, home made food. Breakfast all day! Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, Omelets, Biscuits & Gravy, Grits, Fruit and more. Lunch includes Specials, Fish, Shrimp, Burgers, Soup and much more. Evenings we offer real BBQ by Lance who is a award winning BBQ'er. Deserts are made by Frankie and daughter Joni. Pies, Banana Pudding and more!
Reviewed November 5, 2010

For home cooking they need to learn how to make good bisquits. Pancakes were good for bisquick. Bacon was so crunchy and burned like it had been sitting on grill or hot plate for hours....breakfast for two was $30 +...homemade desserts...questionable were ok

1  Thank jagergirl52

Reviewed October 15, 2010

This was our second year to come back to Frankie's...not only does she have the best breakfast and dessert on the island but she also offers the freshest seafood. We ordered fried shrimp and imagine our surprise as we watched Frankie handpick some large shrimp straight from the ice chest. It was absolutely the best fried shrimp I've ever had.

Thanks Frankie and crew!

1  Thank sandybieaustin
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Frankie's Kitchen was just simply Awesome. Great location, clean very small but the food was GREAT. We had a big party and every one of us cleaned our plates. We will go back ! The owners were very nice people they cook everything from scratch ! A wonderful little place. VERY affordable as well !

Reviewed June 16, 2010

The fried shrimp is the best on the island, large without too much breading so you can really tasted the shrimp. The sides are all fresh and made from scratch and their breakfast was awesome - we came back for breakfast to try the pancakes we had heard so much about, they were just as wonderful as we had heard. Great food and great service, they really make you feel like family.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I saw this little cafe one day and went in. I went in January and May 2010. I can say hands down they have the best pancakes I've ever had in my life. They are light and melt in your mouth!

Seems to be a family run business. Frankie cooks all her meals from scratch. You can taste in in the cooking. Now, I do not recommend going if you want a quick meal. We ordered with no orders before ours (2 persons), and it took about 30 minutes.

I also had the grouper po-boy. It has a crispy cornmeal crust that was perfect. I don't think, though, even with the tastiness and home cooking, that it was worth $12.99 when you can get a very tasty one at Beach St. for $9.99. Aside from breakfast, their price tag seems a tad high on items. I might stick to breakfast next time, which seemed fairly priced.

The homemade carrot cake was amazing as well.

So, if you want good, homemade food and don't mind paying a little more for it, go to Frankie's. You'll enjoy the experience.