“Fried fish and grilled shrimp”

Kody's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #25 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The fried fish and grilled shrimp were good, but the other dishes were average. The staff appeared very tired and overwhelmed and some customers left because the wait to order was so long. Needs better organization and a little more TLC on all foods. More of a bar type place than grill and bar.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It has a bar in the front. The restaurant seating is best in the back and in a side room for families.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went here on our family vacation and the food was great across the board. I got the Mussels Diablo which were very good, but not as spicy as I probably hoped. We counted and there were 29 mussels in my order! Others got the burger, fried seafood and garlic fish (which was probably the best thing ordered). The price was what I expect in Port A and was a solid choice for a great meal.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

It is one of the few places to eat close to the Mustang Island part of the island. It looked family friendly b/c of the little putt putt golf area out front but we had some kids and were scoffed at. It is not a place I would take my children again, not only the stares we got but this is a smoking facility. I prefer to eat my food without inhaling someone else's cigarette smoke. The set up is strange - you order at the front and sit down whereever and they bring out your food when its ready. It was extremely busy when we went and the wait was over 45 minutes just to place your order. People were hovering in the front like sardines waiting for a table to open up. No thank you....

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It is a family place. Order at front they bring to table. There is putt putt outside for kids and families. Its not grand but great for family bonding and a good time. The food is good, too.