“Great family place with wonderful food”

Kody's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #25 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Some of the best food on the island avoid the tourist traps go eat here. Kids will be entertained playing put-put while the adults can sit and relax. Be aware that this is also a bar. Most items are fried but I had grilled tuna tacos that were excellent. My friend had the fried shrimp -they were huge & came with fresh cut fries. The place exceeded our expectations. Give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Lisa W
There are newer reviews for Kody's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere and family friendly. Waited a while for the food because we came on a Friday evening at suppertime BUT it was well worth the wait. Kids enjoyed miniature golf while we enjoyed adult beverages. Will return and bring LOTS of hungry tummies :)

Reviewed April 6, 2012

great meals, We tried several different items. all were like home style cooking and plenty of it.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Cool old roadhouse kind of building. Counter service from friendly bartender. Nice place to drink. Advertised biggest grilled shrimp and they were pretty big. But the dinner for 18.95 only had 3 three THREE of them. A dodge. Seafood platter was quite pedestrian. Fish on it wasn't very good at all which is pretty sad for Port A. Salad was good.

1  Thank Bryan T
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Cigarette smoke was the first introduction to the restaurant. As it was late and my daughter and i were pretty hungry we decided we could deal with it. sat down, was told to order at the bar. I ordered the crab-stuffed jalapenos and a side of grilled zucchini. my daughter ordered a chicken tenders/fries basket. The jalapeno's came and i took one bite and something wasn't right, took another and that's all i could do. they literally tasted like dirt. i walked up to the bar and a gentleman (the manager?) said can i help you, i said yes, i'm sorry i can't eat these they are awful. He said well that's your opinion. I laughed and set well yes you are right that is my opinion. my opinion is that they taste like dirt. he took them out of my hand and said yea it's the thyme. hmmmm....i thought to myself cook with thyme at home and nothing i've ever made tastes like dirt! he came by my table a few minutes later and plunked down some money as a refund and says, it happens about 1 in a 1000 times. (odd) so i went back up to the bar and ordered a fried oyster sandwich. bland and nothing memorable. my daughter had a lemonade and said it tasted funny and i tasted it and it did taste pretty foul. i don't normally let her get sodas but since the lemonade was bad i said get whatever you want. she came back with mountain dew and said this tastes funny too. i tried it and it tasted even more foul than the lemonade. one of waitresses came by with a plate and said "fried asparagas?" i shook my head no, that i hadn't ordered any....she stood there in a huff and then walked off and came by and rudely swiped the order number off my table without saying a word. i thought wow i hope i get my order now. weird. this place is expensive for what you get and if you're lucky you won't get something gross. go elsewhere!