“Cute coffee shop with flair.”
Review of That Takes the Cake - CLOSED

That Takes the Cake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Yummy backed items. Coffee to go or enjoy in house. Only complaint would be on the prices... But, if I wanted cheap coffee, I could stay at home.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our first time at Bundy's, and we will make it a regular part of our trips to Port A. It is a really adorable restaurant/bakery/florist/shop with great food and coffee! Awesome atmosphere!

portatam, Owner at That Takes the Cake, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear SAjazzgirl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review about my little shop Bundys. We try hard to make a great place for people to come and enjoy themselves. It seems as though we succeeded with your visit. I do hope to see you again on your next trip to Port Aransas. Have a wonderful day and thanks again. Tammy Bundy

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My eggs weren't done on my sandwich and neither were my sons. Made my stomach queasy and I couldnt finish my $7 sandwich

portatam, Owner at That Takes the Cake, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Christi_10,
I'm sorry to hear that your eggs weren't done the way you like them...I wish you would have brought it to my attention that day...we would have made you something else or brought you satisfaction in some way, I truly want my customers to be happy when they leave my shop, Sometimes we have an off day and things don't run as smoothly as I would like them to but we try very hard to make a great place for people to visit.....I do hope you try us again if you are visiting Port Aransas in the future. Stop in and introduce yourself, I'll buy you a cup of coffee for your trouble.... Have a great day...Tammy Bundy

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is THE place to go for breakfast when you're on the island, so I recommend going early or waiting until after 9 to beat the crowd. Even if you do have to wait a bit, it is DEFINITELY worth it! Everything is good here. Everything.

Dear Cmwings31,
I'm so happy that you visited and enjoyed my shop Bundys.... we try hard to make every person that comes through the door have a great experience and it seems we were successful with your trip in....thank you so much for taking the time to write positive review and please come back to see us again if you are in Port Aransas in the future...have a great day..Tammy Bundy

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Food was just as good as on last year's trip to Port A ; the staff were just as inefficient, though very friendly. Lovely place with dog friendly front deck. Just be prepared to wait in line.

portatam, Owner at That Takes the Cake, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Texasbybirth,
I am so happy to hear that you came back to visit Bundys again, even though your wait was long the first time you visited. I am so sorry for your wait. I feel so very blessed that Bundys has grown and I’m still here and able to share my dream of a quaint little coffee house with great food and a quirky atmosphere with people….and…. they come back!!!
One of our biggest hurdles on the island, for all of our businesses, is finding people to employ. Our population isn’t very large and of those that live here only a few need the jobs that our many restaurants have available. One of my solutions is, I’ve birthed most of my staff (ha-ha) I have 3 of my 5 children working (4 when my daughter comes home from college) and I try and recruit all of their high school friends when I can get them to agree to getting up at 7 on Sat and Sun when I need them the most….Not an excuse just a short explanation.
I really appreciate your patience and return business!! As long as y’ all keep coming I will keep doing my best to stay open…. sometimes it feels as if we’re just barely hanging on….you probably visited on one of those days…when a big crowd is in and there are just the two girls in the front…sick dishwasher and my son has decided he needs doughnuts and has walked over to the doughnut shop without telling anyone…..say a prayer for us….summer is coming!! Again my sincerest thank you for your time and patronage…and have a wonderful day…
Tammy Bundy (owner)