“Great place for a Great time!”
Review of Port Aransas Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Port Aransas Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Stockdale, Texas
“Great place for a Great time!”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We LOVE the PAI!!! We stayed there one time and have found a new home away from home! We know where we will be heading when summer comes again!!! Nero is great and the customer service you will receive when staying there is FANTASTIC!!! Every time we have stayed here the rooms have been quiet, clean and cool! If you are looking for a great place to stay at a great price... this is where you want to be!!! I LIKE the fact that the housekeeping is as needed and that you don't have strangers in you room everyday but when it is needed...All you have to do is ask!! This is a fun place to stay and seems to attract a laid back and friendly crowd...We have made friends with other guest every time we have gone.
I have a 5 and 10 year old (both boys) who LOVE the "Pink Palace of Port A" The pool is a great place to go after a long day at the beach. Saturday night the Live music at the pool is a BLAST! The atmosphere at this hotel is SO laid back and relaxed that it makes me sad when we have to get back to reality and go home! Can't wait to get back! We will be planning a trip back again soon!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Tabatha98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I booked a room and tried to cancel 2 days prior because my child got sick and these guys would not work with me, I go to Port A ALL THE TIME I stay everywhere and everyone is more than accommodating because I stay in their hotels all the time. But these guys wouldn't budge, all I asked for was a night free (WHICH I PAID FOR) next time I come and they said NO! Thank you very much for you $200 for nothing...all I have to say is Two Drs and a Lawyer who own this place, I hope you needed that 200 bucks cuz I'll never go there and tell everyone I know the same thing! Carma is a you know what, you could have been a little more accommodating....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank peaceoftheplanet
GM_Port_Aransas_Inn, General Manager at Port Aransas Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
After reading this review, I began to wonder if I might just be a heartless scrooge. But to no avail…I was quickly brought back to my senses by reality and facts. Allow with me to channel my inner Paul Harvey, and share with you “the rest of the story…”

When a reservation is made, we take a $25 deposit, for which the guest receives credit upon check-in. They simply pay the remaining balance. The cancellation policy is as follows: a reservation maybe cancelled up to 7 day prior to the arrival date. In this case, the guest will only sacrifice the $25 deposit that had already been taken. Otherwise, if the guest cancels in the final 7 days before he or she is set to arrive, they would be held responsible for only the first night’s charges, despite the length of the reservation. I recall my conversations with this reviewer quite distinctly, and she was clear that not only was she informed of the cancellation policy but also realized she was cancelling 2 days before her arrival but still felt that the hotel should make an special exception for her.

Guests call cancel reservations for countless reason—many legitimate…such as death, illness, and unexpected financial strain, and many illegitimate…such as weather, found a better price, or just changed their mind. Unfortunately, many guests will attempt to cancel reservations for illegitimate reasons by lying in hopes of avoiding charges. Over the phone, neither I nor any clerk can discern the veracity of a guest’s claims, so our only recourse is to adhere to the cancellation policy.

We regard reservations as a mutual obligation. We would never call a guest 2 days before there arrival date and say that we’re cancelling their reservation because the weather is nicer than we thought it was going to be or because someone offer more money for the room. That room is yours for those dates, and anyone else who may call wanting that room for those is turned away. Furthermore, in the unforeseen circumstance that a room becomes uninhabitable on short notice, we have either made other accommodations here or paid for accommodations elsewhere even if that meant an additional cost to the hotel. This is our commitment to you, our guests.

Both given that is certainly against our long term best interest to make enemies of those guests who were forced to cancel late with legitimate reasons and given that we budget for our rooms to make money once and only once—we have instituted a policy that has been met with GREAT enthusiasm. That if a reservation is cancelled in the final 7, but we are able to resell the room, we offer half of the first night’s charge back to the guest as credit for a future stay. We are a hotel. Birds fly, fish swim, it is our purpose to accommodate guests and maximize their vacations. This is our reason to exist, and with this twist, we retain the opportunity to share our unique brand of hospitality with that guest in the future. Now if that room does not resell, then the guest will receive no credit…this is because it is impossible for us to determine whether or not an opportunity to sell that room to another guest was lost, while it was held by the first. Finally, you may ask “If the room was resold, then why not provide the entire amount as future credit?” This kept half is our way of recouping the losses that occur because of reservation cancellations. For example, we have had guest cancel or report their credit card as stolen to avoid charges. Sometimes to resell a room on short notice we have to discount a room. Also, many times reservations of 3, 4, 5 days or more are replace with shorter stays. But I will reiterate, this new approach has been met with thanks and understanding from most of our guests.

Back to this reviewer specifically, I explained her that I would certainly be able to resell her room, and assured her that we would be able to offer half credit on a future stay with us. She was unsatisfied, implying that she would make it known through such outlets as TripAdvisor. I certainly will not be the first or the last General Manager to evoke a misdirected vengeance review, but I hope that my longwinded explanation brings a bit of clarity to not just all travelers but especially our guests (past, present, & future).

Despite her portrayal here, I hope the reviewer does take advantage of the $94.05 credit she has with the Port Aransas Inn. I look forward to the opportunity to show our unique brand of hospitality and the place that so many of our loyal guests have grown to love. Godspeed.

Until again, Nero
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We've stayed at the Port Aransas Inn several times now; in September, April, and August of 2010. Fun place to stay with great rates. HOWEVER, this is not the place for those who wish to have maid service, continental breakfast, or wake up calls. We enjoy it because of the aforementioned terrific rates, and the fun theme rooms. We've been in the Victorian room (very, very, very pink), the French countryside room (pretty and romantic), the palm tree "honeymoon suite" (comes with your very own hot tub!), and the fabulously decorated Safari room, which is our favorite thus far. Beware of the alligator under the sink. ;-) One thing about the Safari room though, may not be best for the newly dating as the bathroom "door" is a black curtain. Goes great with the decor, but does not keep out bathroom related noises.

All rooms have been neat and clean upon our arrival. Never had a problem with pests in rooms. Guests seem to range in age from the college crowd to the 60+. Never had a problem with noise. Nero, the owner (?)/manager is nice, friendly, and helpful. You can walk to the beach, but that ~10 minute stroll is probably best in the non-summer months. My only complaint is the faint smell of cigarette smoke in the room. I don't think they actually allow smoking IN the rooms, but folks will do what they want. All in all, we will stay here again.

1 Thank tennisballfish
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Port Aransas Inn is similar in structure to other motels/inns, however, they have begun to remodel rooms with different themes. We stayed in the Asian themed room and everything down to the sink was in theme. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The outside pool was fun and inviting as well.

1 Thank Amyvacationtraveler
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The manager was very friendly and professional, the place was amazing, jucuzzi in room, bbq area, room looked like home and felt like it too. I will be stayin at the port aransas in from now on whenever I'm in Port A.

1 Thank sacrament121
Stanton, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Nero is an excellent host (mgr). He will bend over backwards to accomadate you with any request. The band that plays at the pool on the weekends is really nice and it creates an awesome family atmosphere. This is the second year for my sister, my husband, & myself to stay there. We will definately be back again next year!!!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank CreteAnn
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Port Aransas Inn for our three-year wedding anniversary, and it was perfect! I decided to book this hotel because of other reviews on TripAdvisor, and after calling and having Nero answer the phone and be very polite and helpful, I booked our rooms.

We stayed in the Oriental room and the Honeymoon Suite, and we loved both of them! My husband and I had so much fun discovering all of the details that Nero and his staff had put into the themes. The beds were comfortable, and the jacuzzi in the Honeymoon suite was awesome! The location is very close to the beach, too. It's just a five minute walk!

Nero and his staff were also able to recommend local attractions to visit, which was very helpful as we had never been to Port A before. They definitely enhanced our trip! We enjoyed the pool as well, and we were not disturbed by unruly kids or drunk adults. We regret that we did not get to stay for the Saturday night pool party, but we will DEFINITELY be back.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a fun, unique, personal experience. Nero makes you feel like family, and we have never been to another hotel quite like the Port Aransas Inn. This is the only place we will stay when we visit Port A! We will see you again soon, Nero!

1 Thank LaceyRamse