Island Retreat
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$110
$103
Hotels.com
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$109
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$99
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$99
$97
Orbitz.com
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$92
Hotels.com
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
$137
TripAdvisor
All reviewstennis courtsliving roomcondo complexshort walkfirst floorfull kitchenwasher dryereasy beach accesslove this placeboardwalkunitbalconypoolsportdunesmarkerpenthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We have stayed at the Island Retreat for the past three years. The first two stays were satisfactory. This year was very disappointing. We asked for a particular two bedroom/two bath condo and the reservationist pointed out on the Island Retreat map which one it was. I gave them my MC# and received a guarantee.
When we arrived we had to pay in advance for the first time, which is a bit low class. We went to our condo and it was the wrong one. it had no view of the beach because houses had been built on the dunies blocking the view. I had stressed how important a view was because I am partially disabled and sit on the balcony and watch the beach a lot.
I called the office and complained. He said they had a new management company and things had changed. He called his manager and asked if we could move to a three bedroom for the same price. Manager said no. Since it was only about $30 more I asked what unit it was. He told me and the location was no better than where we were. The cashier did look for another condo with a better view but all were booked.
The condo was not clean when we checked in. A few days later, we asked for a vacuuming and a maid brought a vacuum and left it for us to use saying we could only keep it 30 minutes. I can't vacuum. My son-in-law cleaned the floor. Another maid came to the door and apologized saying all the cleaning staff was new and had made an error. She offered to vacuum for us. By then it was almost done.
WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THE ISLAND RETREAT AGAIN. There are too many nice places in Port Aransas to choose from. Don't make the same mistake we did.

S. F. Alcala

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank s_alcala
Reviewed June 19, 2006

My husband and I stayed here in June 2006. My husband liked it so much he wanted to buy a condo here. They are older units but are in good repair. We had a first floor condo, could see a little of the beach thru the sand dunes, and could definitely hear the waves. This unit was pet friendly with a nonrefundable fee. It was clean, undated recently, with a nice clean bathroom and the kitchen had everything we needed. I highly recommend this place. You can book the unit we stayed in at [-----] We stayed in a condo, NOT the hotel that is also available here.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank dfreed
A TripAdvisor Member
san antonio texas
Reviewed July 18, 2005

We had a great time, the place was great ...... We had a family vacation. We lose are mom this year.. we wanting to be together so we pick this place.. my god we loved it. everybody was so nice. the place was so clean had everything in there. we want to make it are vacation spot. I told alot people about this place.. WE ARE EXTREMELY FUSSY WHERE WE STAY.. WE LOVED IT.,, keep up the good work... see you next year.. maybe again this year. we want to go back really soon..

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 25, 2005

I stayedat the Island Retreat recently with a few of my friends, and it was awesome. I loved the fact that we had a large balcony we could all sit on facing the water, and the boardwalk leading us straight to the beach. The Pool was great, and all the amenities in the condo(Full Kitchen, Towels, Cable TV) were more than enough. For the price, I definately recommend this property for a good time at the beach! We will be returning in a few months!

• Stayed: January 2005
9  Thank myflutterbi
A TripAdvisor Member
Mart, Tx
Reviewed August 10, 2004

I have been staying here as often as I can get to Port A. It is like home away from home. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms may be old but they are very comfortable. I have stayed in two other hotels in the years past but always come back to Island Retreat. Keep up the good work and we love ya, will be back to stay in Sept. We just returned and already planning a return visit.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member