My husband and I stayed this year in a one bedroom efficiency. We opened the door and an odor hit us as though the local sewer was around the corner. The rugs were soiled and nasty (looked liked had not be vacuumed). Attempted to turn on lamp by bed and found it did not work. My husband moved the bed and saw the lamp was unplugged. I then moved the lamp table by the bed only to find an accumulation of food, record size dust bunnies. The bulb in the lamp was coated with so much grease, I washed it for better light. The lamp finally worked. The bathroom: the stool need to be bolted to the floor (perhaps that was the sewer smell) , the shower head was broken, so you had to hold the hose it was attached to to shower then put it down to wash. The sheets were never changed in one week. Clean towels were placed on the kitchen table each day. Trash carried out only one day. This was our second trip to Island Retreat - first stay was fine, this stay horrid. I couldn't wait to leave. And yes I spoke to the office. My thoughts: not enough employees to clean the units. Too much money for disgusting service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recommended budget accommodation for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Island Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Retreat Hotel Port Aransas
- Island Retreat Port Aransas