“Awesome for a good time at the beach!”
Review of Island Retreat

Island Retreat
Austin, Texas
“Awesome for a good time at the beach!”
Reviewed January 25, 2005

I stayedat the Island Retreat recently with a few of my friends, and it was awesome. I loved the fact that we had a large balcony we could all sit on facing the water, and the boardwalk leading us straight to the beach. The Pool was great, and all the amenities in the condo(Full Kitchen, Towels, Cable TV) were more than enough. For the price, I definately recommend this property for a good time at the beach! We will be returning in a few months!

• Stayed January 2005
9 Thank myflutterbi

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed August 10, 2004

I have been staying here as often as I can get to Port A. It is like home away from home. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms may be old but they are very comfortable. I have stayed in two other hotels in the years past but always come back to Island Retreat. Keep up the good work and we love ya, will be back to stay in Sept. We just returned and already planning a return visit.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2004

I stayed at the Island Retreat August 2004. The room seemed very old, but in reasonably good repair. While I was there, I noticed trucks delivering new appliances and kitchen cabinets and observed work being done on the landscape. The walls and ceiling are a little on the thin side and not airtight. I stayed in a non-smoking room where smoking was allowed in the adjoining rooms. More than one night I woke to the smell of cigarette smoke. One of the two pools was green with algae. I complained to the office and, although the pool was cleaned the next day, the pool remained green and clouding for the duration of my stay.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2004

We travel clear across Texas to stay with the folks at the Island Retreat as often as we can and that's been many times over a period of years. We love the atmosphere and the fellowship and the kids have grown up knowing that around the end of July to middle of August, hottest part of our year, we travel to South Texas to enjoy the trip and the town and fun in the sun. The kids play in the pool and love the walk to the beach to get to the waves. We have all voted that "6 Flags" or any water park has nothing on the fun and pleasure we get out of family and friends at the Island Retreat. Sorta great to have a place so far from home that we can enjoy so much...YOU GO! JB AND GALA ! WE'RE GONNA SEE YA' SOON....TRY IT...YOU'LL LIKE IT! THANKS, PAT, NIKKI, HEMI, BRITTNEY, ISABELL AND JONATHAN

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2004

I stayed there last weekend at it was great. Easy to get to the beach, very comfortable condos, and the two pools were nice.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2004

My favorite view on the Island...most of the condos overlook either a fun pool or a beautilful view of the gulf with pretty dunes at sunset. Great for families!

4 Thank Hope342
Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2003

This was our choice for a last minute place to stay. The staff is friendly and courtious. Not only are the rooms spacious, but they come with basic cookware to use. The room was quiet, so we were able to get a nice rest. It was clean and neat, but not festive. This establishment is worth every penny.

5 Thank A_Solano