“Enjoyable time”
Review of Island Retreat

Island Retreat
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a good time while staying at island retreat. The condo was in good shape, it did smell a little mildewy or like cigarette smoke when we arrived. Whatever it was made my son's and my allergies run the whole time we stayed there. The amenities were nice, the walk to the beach is great!

Stayed: March 2014
CaseyIslandR, Manager at Island Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you, we love when travelers review our property. We are sorry that you experienced this inconvenience while staying with us. All but one of our rooms are non smoking units and we do our very best to prevent smoking within the units. Non smoking table tents are being placed in units to remind our travelers that they are renting a non smoking unit. Thanks Again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I take my family to Island Retreat every year for Spring Break, and could not be more pleased with the them... Not only is it beautiful, clean, and well managed, but the staff actually "gets it" when it comes to a family vacation! Island Retreat has a policy sets them apart from the rest, and the silver lining is that they actually enforce their policies to ensure that the vacationer is getting the experience that they pay for! The policy I am referring to is the 25 and older policy... Translation, they do not allow groups of teenagers to rent out the place and have the traditional Spring Break parties that are so common during this time of year... I know it does not make the college crowd happy, but for families who are looking to take their children to the beach on Spring Break, ISLAND RETREAT IS THE BEST PLACE IN TEXAS HANDS DOWN! Give them a call and see how a vacation is supposed to be handled... The staff is excellent, and I guarantee you will come back again and again! An example of just how friendly and impressive they are is this simple fact: I can actually tell you that Casey and Selena will take great care of you, because they are SO nice, that I remember their names! A new addition to my name recognition is Gabby, who has been very helpful this year, and to no surprise is treating us like family... THANKS ISLAND RETREAT, FOR ALL YOU DO!

Shawn Evans and Family
Granbury, TX

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your response. The Association of Owners here at Island Retreat I & II strive to keep the property 'A Family Kind of Place', which does require placing age limits on its renters.

We appreciate your continued business and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My brother (22yrs old, married, army husband) referred me to this place, he had booked and stayed there on 2 other occasions (once while he was 21yrs old) so I booked a room for a last minute fishing trip. Me, 4 of my buddies and my brother went... Ended up getting to the condo a lil before 10pm to sign in, lady at the front desk rejected our stay at the condo bc supposedly policy is if you're under 25yrs old you need to have a parent with you.(c'mon now) I told the manager tht my bro had referred me bc he booked rooms there twice she didn't care! We spent the next 3 hours looking for another room. We ended up staying at PORT ROYAL, caught a lot of fish and had a great time.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Armartinez
CaseyIslandR, Manager at Island Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

It has been a long standing policy set by the Condo Association that all parties staying must be 25 years of age or older unless accompanied by a parent. Island Retreat I & II is a family oriented condo resort and the polices established are geared towards providing a family friendly experience. This policy is stated on our website as well as on all rental contracts and confirmations. While we appreciate the referrals to our property and interest in our property we are only able to accommodate those groups that fall into our Associations mandated age range.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We spent Thanksgiving at Island Retreat unit #25. It was a great experience. The unit is very inviting and comfortable. It is adorable, decorated in a soothing "shabby chic" style. Perfect for after a day on the beach! It's a plus that the unit is on the bottom floor. You can see the water from the balcony, and just open your gate and head to the boardwalk or the pool. You drive right up to the door, making unloading groceries and beach toys simple and easy. I would recommend this unit to all my friends.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Danette P
CaseyIslandR, Front Office Manager at Island Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

We are very happy you have chosen to spend your holiday with the Island Retreat. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your getaway. Happy travelers make it all worth it! Please continue to consider us when you feel the urge to have sand between your toes and listen to the waves roll in.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed in unit 248 which is privately owned and kept up very well, clean and cozy. We had our coffee on the balcony every morning and saw the sunrise and the waves coming in. Had a super great time in the awesome pool and on the beach. It was my best ever experience in Port Aransas and I have been going there for all my life. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Room 248 has 2 double beds and a kitchen w/balcony and reasonably priced, clean and cozy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Resort grounds were great. Pool clean & very nice. Proximity to beach was great albeit a somewhat long walk - but super nice new boardwalk. Service was minimal but friendly & adequate. Room -- worn out. Tired furniture. Not enough dishes in unit that supposedly sleeps 10. Beds fairly comfy. AC worked great. Nice new tv but (get this) only had a VCR player!! (& no "tapes"). What, what!? We brought DVDs to watch. RIDICULOUS in basic tech dept. Couldn't even rent one or get one from front office. Other than general worn out property & lacking kitchen equipment, VCR was only other basic drawback.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kat0808
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Everything is ok, except that the living room and the floor in the unit need to be really cleaned, I was very uncomfortable with my kids sitting in the living room sofas. Love island retreat and the spacious unit 41, all the utensils and enough room for 8. Clean bathroom. Grate location.

• Stayed: September 2013