Island Retreat
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$164
$149
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$131
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
Hotels.com
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$115
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$156
$145
Travelocity
$217
TripAdvisor
Double Barr Cottages(Port Aransas)
TripAdvisor
Shark Reef Resort(Port Aransas)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstennis courtsliving roomcondo complexshort walkfirst floorfull kitchenwasher dryereasy beach accesslove this placeboardwalkunitbalconypoolsportdunesmarkerpenthouse
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed in unit 248 which is privately owned and kept up very well, clean and cozy. We had our coffee on the balcony every morning and saw the sunrise and the waves coming in. Had a super great time in the awesome pool and on the beach. It was my best ever experience in Port Aransas and I have been going there for all my life. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Room 248 has 2 double beds and a kitchen w/balcony and reasonably priced, clean and cozy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Resort grounds were great. Pool clean & very nice. Proximity to beach was great albeit a somewhat long walk - but super nice new boardwalk. Service was minimal but friendly & adequate. Room -- worn out. Tired furniture. Not enough dishes in unit that supposedly sleeps 10. Beds fairly comfy. AC worked great. Nice new tv but (get this) only had a VCR player!! (& no "tapes"). What, what!? We brought DVDs to watch. RIDICULOUS in basic tech dept. Couldn't even rent one or get one from front office. Other than general worn out property & lacking kitchen equipment, VCR was only other basic drawback.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kat0808
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Everything is ok, except that the living room and the floor in the unit need to be really cleaned, I was very uncomfortable with my kids sitting in the living room sofas. Love island retreat and the spacious unit 41, all the utensils and enough room for 8. Clean bathroom. Grate location.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Vero02013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in unit #4. It's an easy walk to the beach but too far to carry all the things that make hanging out on the beach fun. So, we drove and parked on the beach the day we wanted to stay out on the beach all day. The walls were paper thin, so we could hear everything said in the room next door. Luckily they must have gone to sleep early because we slept great, didn't hear a thing over the rattle of the air conditioner.

The beds were comfortable and the place clean.

The pool looked nice but we didn't go in it.

Good deal for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend recently. She stays here each summer with her sister-in-law and knows me well enough to know I would not be happy in 'economy' digs so she upgraded us to a unit with a balcony. Good move on her part. Great ocean view and she kept saying how nice the room was compared to the one she usually stayed in. That comment made me wonder because our unit was furnished in "early Goodwill". One chair was had a cushion but only three straps of webbing so you really couldn't sit on it unless you wanted your tushy on the floor!

But really, who goes to the beach for the room? And the beach was fabulous, easy walk from the units though most drive their car down and park because of the great beach parking and ease of unloading. (Year long beach parking pass $10 and she already had one on her car)

Island Retreat really set up for families on a budget. There are two tennis courts (one actually has a net!) that have badly cracked surfaces. We played but we play for fun and exercise and were able to avoided the biggest cracks.

There were lots of kids enjoying the play ground and the two pools on property. And I would not hesitate to bring my grandkids here.

The staff is probably the biggest shortcoming of this place. When my friend called to get a room they told her our room did not have an ocean view and we would need to upgrade to get one...our balcony had a great view of the dunes and the ocean. At night we could see the lights of the ships lining up to come into Corpus the next day. When we got there and checked in and asked to split the bill they charged my card $60 more and when we brought it to their attention, they said "well she needs to pay you $60". When I suggested that they redo the charges they were mystified as to how to do that!

Still, for the price, and the view, and the beach...I would do it again (and bring my own toilet paper)!

Room Tip: Facing the ocean at least the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends