Island Retreat
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$164
$149
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$131
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$115
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
Travelocity
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$156
$141
Travelocity
$217
TripAdvisor
All reviewstennis courtsliving roomcondo complexshort walkfirst floorfull kitchenwasher dryereasy beach accesslove this placeboardwalkunitbalconypoolsportdunesmarkerpenthouse
Reviewed July 13, 2011

first time staying here, room was clean and air was very comfortable, quiet area and a bordwalk to the beach , very clean pools, looking forward to another trip, so we can make arrangements to stay here again, i highly recommend this place to everyone,which we could have stayed longer, we will next time

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rol51
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night's stay (Thur-Sun) in the Island Retreat I section. We got a 3 bedroom condo (unit 22). The location was fantastic! Beach front with a great view from the 2nd floor balcony and our building was the closest in the Island Retreat I section to the walkway to the beach. Loved that parking was right in front of our building so unpacking and packing was easier. The unit itself was very roomy and was the one we selected from the website. The unit did look better in the photos though. The living room had a vinyl sofa with a slipcover over it and the sofa underneath was very old and torn. There was also what looked like a double sized futon in the living area that could be used for sleeping (but we did not use it). The tub fixtures/wall tiles in the bathrooms were old and should be repaired/replaced. I could not get the tub in the hall access bathroom to hold water to give our daughter a bath so I had to put a cup over the drain. The refrigerator did not seem like it was cooling so I called the office and they told me it would take a long time to cool and suggested I remove my items from the refrigerator and I wasn't sure if they were telling me to put ice in the refrigerator to cool it down or to store our items in our ice chest w/ fresh ice until the refrigerator cooled down. I guess they turn off the fridge when the unit is not occupied? I asked for a sponge to hand wash dishes and was told to use a rag. The unit did not smell or have bugs but could have been cleaner. Random hair that was not ours was in the bathrooms and areas in the room corners and underneath sofas and beds had not been cleaned in some time and items left by previous guests were there. My daughter found a coin in one of the beds which made me wonder if the sheets had been changed. The king bed in the master bedroom had 2 twin sized comforters covering it and one of them looked like it had dried play doh on it. Beds were not uncomfortable and we didn't hear noise from others and most things were in working condition. The refrigerator was cool the next morning. The beach was great and even though there was lots of seaweed the water was clearer than I remember from previous visits to the Texas coast. We went with 3 other families who stayed in Motel and Motel with Kitchen type units. Their comments seemed to indicate that their rooms were old but fine although one family found food from a previous guest in their fridge. Loved the spaciousness and location of our unit so we would definitely consider a return visit!

Room Tip: All views cost the same so reserve early to get an ocean view (2nd floor or higher)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Okay, rooms at the Island Retreat are hit or miss. Ours was half and half. We love the condo and balcony but the beds in condo #157 were AWFUL! The mattress and box springs looked like they were from the 1960s and were hard as rocks. Not to mention they slanted downward. It was the most uncomfortable sleeping experience I've ever had and I've slept on concrete slabs in a sleeping bag. The only other complaint I have is the walls are PAPER THIN! And when the group of rednecks next door partied until midnight, it made it fun trying to relax on our vacation. We called the front desk but it didn't seem to help. I don't know...you'd think if you pay over $200 for a room you'd get a better sleeping experience. It was definitely the worst part of our vacation. If you don't get a good night's sleep, it makes the day hard to enjoy. Do your research before you pick a condo or else bring a bed topper!

Room Tip: Ocean view 2nd floor +
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have the same to say as the reviews right before me. The unit had everything we needed (a motel unit). The pool was a nice size and we loved being able to walk to the beach. It is an excellent value. I just wish I had found this years ago. We will be back with our kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed in condo #18, nothing fancy, but was clean & had everything we needed. So close to the beach & pools! Awesome place to stay for families with small children. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family