“Great Pizza, and Beer!! Super Clean, friendly staff and easy on the wallet”
Review of Port Aransas Brewing Company - CLOSED

Port Aransas Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 18, 2010

If you looking for a great place to eat try the Port A Brewing Company, they got it right, great pizza, beer, wings and burgers in a very clean restaurant. This also looks like the best sports bar on the island if you wanna catch a game over your meal. The staff is very attentive and friendly. Although, I was not expecting to try a cupcake while there (a pastry chef makes them fresh every day), it was an unexpected highlight of the trip.

This family owned and operated restaurant is just what we were looking for for our family, and we will be going back for another meal on our next trip to Port A.

1  Thank CopperTank

Reviewed August 16, 2010

BEER: Came here for the beer, but was disappointed that they were out of the pale ale. Got the red ale and wife got the blond ale. Both beers had very noticeable off flavors (DMS and metal), and we didn't finish them. Sadly, I don't recommend coming to this brewing company for the beer.

FOOD: The food was another story. We got the combo appetizer of shrimp, jalapeno poppers and calamari as well as the cheese sticks for the kids. All were excellent. Shrimp platter w/ sweet potato fries was excellent. The best thing was the pizza....I'm not a big pizza eater, but their ham/pepperoni w/ sauce pizza was incredible...We'd definitely go back for this.

SERVICE: Greeted and given a table right away. Waitress (Tara?) was very responsive and did a great job. Everything came quicker than we expected, though we were there a bit early for the night (about 6 pm on a Monday).

OVERALL: I'm really bummed that their beer sucked, but we will probably go back for the food the next time we visit Port A.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

We were there for lunch on 8/12/2010. I think it was one of the best meals we had on the island. My kids shared a pizza - half "Meat Haul" which was great, the other half just cheese but it was great too. I had a burger which was really good, not greasy and the homemade bun was yummy. My husband had the shrimp basket which was really good. Everything was fresh and the service was great.

1  Thank PaperPusher
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Husband and his friend tried two of the brewery's own but disliked both of them- the first beer was flat and the waitress kindly asked if they would like to try another. Second beer wasn't very tasty either, but they really didn't have much of a choice because most of the brewery's own beer was sold out. Everyone liked their shrimp, but none of us cared for the seasoning on the fries. The burgers were okay, but no one at our table thought they were extra good. My grilled cheese and sweet potato fries were tasty, but the frozen margarita was one of the worst I've ever tried. We would probably try again but would only order bottled beer with our food.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Of course being a Texas Monthly reader, I was excited to try out the burger I had seen on the cover of the magazine (avocado and bacon). AMAZING!! I loved it and I am a big beef eater! Best burger I have ever eaten! I opted for the sweet potatoe fries and loved them too! Not to crazy about the Shandy (beer and lemonade drink), but well worth the visit. It is a MUST for all burger <---REAL burger lovers!

1  Thank deejelly