“very tasty food and beer”
Review of Port Aransas Brewing Company - CLOSED

Port Aransas Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Food is great and reasonably priced. Beer is fresh and tasty. I always try to eat at microbreweries because the food is usually good and this is no exception!

1  Thank SATerribleTwins

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The fresh, homemade bun made the difference for a very tasty burger. The sweet potato fries were a nice addition to the menu. The beer-battered shrimp and regular fries were good but not amazing.

The brewed beer seemed on the bitter side, according to my husband, and there were no house wines available the night we stopped. The waitress, though, did indicate that she added a little extra to my glass.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The wait staff were some of the best we have seen, we went for dinner three times. The pizza was great and the calzones were amazing!

1  Thank coloradohelopilot
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was super busy when I went with my fiancé and his family for lunch (the day after Thanksgiving). We were able to get seated pretty quickly. The waitress accidentally spilled an entire glass of water all over the table almost as soon as we sat down...however, she was kind enough to quickly clean up AND cover our first round of draft beers. It was pleasantly surprising, because not many people do that anymore!

We ordered the fried calamari and split one of the meat lovers pizza...both of which were delicious! The crust was crispy and soft in all the right places. Our group also tried several of the house beers (Pilsner, Blonde, Stout, Red Ale, and IPA), all of which were really tasty. One of the few downsides to this place is how loud it is...I guess I was expecting more of a traditional brewery atmosphere. Not to offend the folks with kiddos, but I guess I was expected it to be more of bar than a family restaurant!

WARNING: Read the menu CAREFULLY! I've seen a lot of people irritated about the sauceless pizza...it says you can request it right on the menu. Also, because it is a local place, the menu items rotate, so be sure to read or ask what's available.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the Port Aransas Brewing Company. It was a little noisy with scraping chairs and concrete floors and we thought it was a bit pricey. However, we thought the food and beer were great. We had the Greek pizza and it was delicious. My husband said it was the best pizza he ever had.