“Recent comments not concerning food/services/travel information!”
Review of Port Aransas Brewing Company - CLOSED

Port Aransas Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Recent comments not concerning food/services/travel information!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently read comments about the genorosity of the owners of this business. To the individual who posted on this subject, I ask that he investigate the subject before posting this kind of remark. The owners of this establishment are very generous, giving of their time, products, and equipment to promote many of our charities in Port Aransas. I know for a fact they more than generously support the Parrot Heads and have donated to other groups as well. As a business owner, I know that it is unreasonable to try to grant every request for donations or services. This is not always a monetary issue but may be the utilization of employees and equipment as well. I come to TripAdvisor as a follower and frequent contributor to check on and make comments concerning food, services, and relevant information to my own and others travel experiences, not to access a public forum site. Therefore, I would love to see these kinds of comments left out of the discussions here.

• Visited April 2013

“Food was Meh”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After an amazing lunch at the brewing company's sister restaurant, Beaches Cafe, maybe our expectations were too high when we stopped here for supper with our 3 kids. The service wasn't great, and the food was ok, but just meh. There wasn't near the selection that the cafe had. The Port A beer wasn't really good at all. It was a meal, but that's about it. Plus, it was expensive. We actually stopped at quite a few other places first, but it was a Tuesday night and a lot of Port A restaurants weren't open.

Wyoming
“Terrible beer, even worse service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There is nothing remarkable about this brewery. This was my second visit. On the first visit, my son and I sampled a few beers and had lunch. We are both very knowledgeable when it comes to beer. We travel the US going to breweries and my son is at judge at Beer Competitions and Festivals. The beer was of very poor quality and taste, and over carbonated. The burgers were just so so (nothing special) and service was ok. On the second visit, it was my husband and I. We walked in and sat at the bar for a drink. We waited for 15 minutes before anyone showed up. We were then told that someone would be right with us and proceeded to wait another 10 minutes. When the bartender did show up we asked for a few tastes and my husband ordered a Bock. I tried 5 different beers. I would not have ordered any of them. And I love a good beer. By the time I finished my samples, my husbands beer had still NOT been served. The beer was just not bad, it was horrible. I have never had anything like it at a micro-brewery. It actually left an aluminum after taste in our mouth. It was the oddest experience... and I have been to close to 50 breweries and festivals. After we waited for another ten minutes and my husband still did not have his beer, we left. Let me be clear. It was not crowded and there were plenty of people working. Normally a brewery in a tourist town would be packed. Now I know why it wasn't. You can't draw customers in with a bad product. On top of the bad service and bad beer, the atmosphere is really lacking for a brewery. The seating is booths! In a brewery? It is not at all conducive to socializing and enjoying beer. Children are allowed in all sections and it is more like a family restaurant. Such a disappointment. Wish I could have given a better review, but I want to be as truthful and helpful as possible. Save your money, in this case, and just keep driving.

1 Thank Justmegloryb
Nassau Bay
“Blue cheese burger!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Seldom will I finish a large burger however I couldn't leave a bite of this blue cheese burger on my plate. Burger cooked just right, served hot and juicy on a home style bun with a generous crumbling of blue cheese, tomato slices, red onions and lettuce. Glad to have skinny sweet potato fries accompany my burger and coleslaw. Thanks Blake for your fast service!

Austin, Texas
“Good burgers!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just stopped in for burgers and they were good. Would stop in again and maybe try their pizza. Liked the option of sweet potato fries. Staff was busy but friendly and got us our meal quickly.