“Great lunch place”

Ranked #22 of 82 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a Saturday. Delicious sandwiches and amazing iced tea. They also offered an Asian slaw on the side that was crisp and fresh tasting. Perfect!

Something to note: it's a small place with not too many tables. I'm sure some days there's a wait. There was one waitress handling all the tables. So our server didn't linger with us very long but she made sure everyone was served and drinks were refreshed quickly. I'm sure there was a similar small staff in the kitchen, too. It did take about fifteen minutes to get our food after we ordered but it was so delicious I couldn't be bothered.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We eat at Cafe Phoenix about once every 6 weeks. It's a tiny restaurant (seats about 25) so make reservations. I've witnessed them turn away customers because of the limited seating. The menu changes all the time, but thank goodness the crab cakes are always there. They are the best we've ever eaten -- very little filler, almost all nice-sized pieces of crab! Delicious! Fish choices are always excellent, and the creme brûlée is perfect. Bring your own wine bottles. No uncorking fee. Casual atmosphere. Pricey, but worth it, especially for special celebrations.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We did go to eat at another restaurant due to us having a group of 6 and coming for lunch. We didn't want to wait in a line to long as one review suggested. What we did after we ate is stop by for that Coconut Cream Pie. We split the Coconut Cream Pie and Carrot Cake. The coconut was to die for...normally it's heavy but this was so light, fresh cream topping with coconut sprinkles on the top and plate. It was the best I have ever had. The Carrot Cake was pretty good but no topped the CC pie. I would love to go back and try a meal. If I wouldn't have tried the Carrot Cake I would have giving them a 4 just for the pie. Service was great, very small and quaint place. The atmosphere was OK..I took notice at some of the entries and they looked wonderful. We will try it again but next time for the main course.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stopped for dessert: my Airbnb host strongly recommended it. Had their coconut cream pie; fresh cream topped with toasted coconut, rich cream filling and flaky crust. Yum!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A shining star in the great blackness of Port Aransas dining! It doesn't mean much to say it's the best food in Port Aransas....but this place could hold its own in any major city in Texas. Very small, reservations required. One waitress and one chef. BYOB. Wonderfully prepared food with great choices for a small menu. Enjoy!

1  Thank mayorshinn