This was our second trip to Port Royal, our first being over July 4 weekend in '04. Although we were pleased with our visit last year, I must say this year was even better. We rented a 2BR condo rather than a 1BR, and the boys (14 and 15) had their own room this time, which was great for them (and us!). The 2BR's are VERY roomy and ours was very well maintained and clean. The service was great (we checked in 2 hrs early and room was ready) and some upgrades have been made to the facility since last year - new BBQ cookers, permanent picnic tables w/covers, new wood on the patios outside the condos, paint, etc...a nice touch. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat at the restaurant, as we grilled out each night except one when we went to Port A and ate at Trout Street (also good). Maids kept the room very clean and all appliances were in good working order. One downside is the pools and hot tubs are somewhat dirty, although with a pool this large I suppose it's hard to keep it clean. I would have liked to see more "sweeping" of debris off the bottom of the pool. Never ventured into the hot tubs, as they were mostly occupied by teens and college students in the evening who sat in them and drank all night (and never seemed to leave to go to the restroom, if you know what I mean). Great boardwalk to the beach, and now Corpus Christi has annexed the land all the way up the highway just past Port Royal, and they seem to keep the beaches much cleaner of seaweed...a real plus! Overall, a great experience and we will probably go back again next year. Although it's an old facility, it's maintained very well. Couple of Tips - be sure to ask for a renovated condo when you make your reservations...I've done this both times, and we've had good luck with our accomodations. And, ask the for "Drive and Dive" special when reserving a room and you'll get a $40 gift card you can use for gas, food, etc. a the local Circle K...definitely helpful with today's gas prices what they are. Room price per night is a little steep ($325), but for the beach, I guess you have to pay that. They also offered an extra night or two at 1/2 price at the conclusion of your stay, so if you don't have to be back at work right away, it is a nice way to extend the vacation. P.S. Went to Port A on the 4th for the fireworks show...for a town of only 3,000 people, it was quite a show! One final Tip - would NOT recommend taking a "deep sea" fishing trip on the Wharf Cart (at Fisherman's Wharf) unless you are very conditioned to the waves. We went on this trip hoping to catch some shark and kingfish. The trip out was 1 hr, during which all of our family (and probably half of the 50+ people on board) got seasick...only four fish caught the whole trip by all the people fishing. Cost me $180 for the four of us and I was the only one who fished, and caught nothing. The wife and kids slept off their seasickness. A BAD experience...don't recommend unless you can handle the waves. Next time we'll stick with the bay fishing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas